Thread: Good sit tonight

Default Good sit tonight

Didn't pull the trigger tonight but they were on the move. Not two minutes after I sat down in the stand I had a doe come running under the stand. I instinctively turned around and had the gun up only to find a little four point in hot pursuit. A little while later three does came out in the upper food plot straight ahead of me. I watched them for a little while then I heard those oh so familiar footsteps that aren't the pesky squirrels. A little 2 1/2 year old eight comes in on the same line as the first doe and four point. At one point he looked straight up at me but was more interested in the does that had at this point, made their way to the lower food plot. He marched around in sneak mode checking checking them out and ended up heading off into the woods looking for something else. Not long after he left, big boy stepped out in the upper food plot. As I was picking the gun up, the stand creaked and the does spooked. He of course stopped in a not so good spot for me. I never got to count points on him but he was a shooter, first one I have seen this year. I had him in the scope but his head was behind a tree and I wanted to get another look at his rack. Big body, 180-200lb deer. I ended up not taking the shot. Best hunt of the year probably and the first deer I have seen in six hunts. Maybe I'll get another shot at him.
    Last edited by willk; 11-19-2013 at 09:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Default Good sit tonight

Hope you get another chance at him! I came home tonight to see a shooter buck in the field next to the house. Gonna see what happens in the morning.

Brother killed an 8 tonight. Said it was the third 8 pt to hit the big buck corn around 5 15.

Saw 6 bucks and 5 does myself. Killed a nice 8. Good afternoon.
    80-20 Genaration

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    Didn't pull the trigger tonight but they were on the move. Not two minutes after I sat down in the stand I had a doe come running under the stand. I instinctively turned around and had the gun up only to find a little four point in hot pursuit. A little while later three does came out in the upper food plot straight ahead of me. I watched them for a little while then I heard those oh so familiar footsteps that aren't the pesky squirrels. A little 2 1/2 year old eight comes in on the same line as the first doe and four point. At one point he looked straight up at me but was more interested in the does that had at this point, made their way to the lower food plot. He marched around in sneak mode checking checking them out and ended up heading off into the woods looking for something else. Not long after he left, big boy stepped out in the upper food plot. As I was picking the gun up, the stand creaked and the does spooked. He of course stopped in a not so good spot for me. I never got to count points on him but he was a shooter, first one I have seen this year. I had him in the scope but his head was behind a tree and I wanted to get another look at his rack. Big body, 180-200lb deer. I ended up not taking the shot. Best hunt of the year probably and the first deer I have seen in six hunts. Maybe I'll get another shot at him.
    Patience is a virtue! His day will come!
    The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny.

Sometimes you don't kill squat on the best hunts. In my opinion killing a deer's messes up a good hunt.

I agree with Redfox. Whenever you shoot a deer at night it can be a pain in the ass. Plus you bugger your spot all up with flashlights loud talking etc. In the morning i tend to have an itchy trigger finger though.

I would have ground checked his ass if he had given me any decent vitals shot.

Quote Originally Posted by redfox View Post
    Sometimes you don't kill squat on the best hunts.
    Yup.
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.

yawn

Quote Originally Posted by salkahatchie View Post
    yawn
    Hey Plum.