Thread: iPad

Default iPad

So I got tired of dealing with the old slow laptop. And picked up an iPad.

So far it works well for what I use it for.

For the one's that have them, what "Great" App's should I get or would you recommend.

I can deal with a few games, work related App's. etc.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I got plenty of hooks but I think I'm going to need more ammo.

Setup find my ipad. It's already on the device. It will help you find your device if its lost or stolen.

Pandora
    Google earth
    Walgreens app. It's great for picture printing. if you want to print pics you can upload them using the app. Pick the store you want to pick up the prints at, attach the pictures and boom...done

I guess it's too late to try to talk you into getting an Andriod?

I use my Note 8 mostly for web browsing and as a book reader. The iPad can do that too. I don't recommend getting Barnes and Noble's NOOK for the iPad. I'm guessing Amazon has a reader for the iPad. I'm using Google's on the Andriod but I doubt they have a iPad version.

The Andriod also has Polaris Office which is a pretty good mobile implementation of MS Office (Word, Excel and Power Point). I'm sure iPad has something similar. It's difficult to author much on a tablet but I can edit and make quick updates easily.

Flipbook is actually a pretty neat application. Just tell it what you're interested in (news, weather, facebook friends, twitter feeds) and it creates a magazine on the fly with the stuff you're most interested in.

I got a combined cover and bluetooth keyboard from Amazon for $20 including shipping. I don't always bother to link up the keyboard but it's worth the few seconds if I've got a lot of typing to do.

A dropbox account makes it easy to share files on the fly with a home computer, tablet and a smartphone. I think 2GB is free and plenty of storage if you only use it right.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

[QUOTE=Rubberhead*;1408627

A dropbox account makes it easy to share files on the fly with a home computer, tablet and a smartphone. I think 2GB is free and plenty of storage if you only use it right.[/QUOTE]

Use your gmail account. 5GB for free and it works 10 times better.
    The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinaboy06 View Post
    Use your gmail account. 5GB for free and it works 10 times better.
    I didn't set up a gmail simply because I hear they electronically read emails and, I just don't need some other electronic something that I need to maintain. I did get 50GB dropbox for free for purchasing the Galaxy Note.

I got an Android because I waited for Apple to enable flash player and support a stupid SD card. When the mini came out without those, I got the Note. I'm sure the IOS on the Note isn't as efficient as Apple's but it's a quad core so there's no delay and it can run two windows, three if one of them is the video player. Of course, three windows is a bit busy on a 8" tablet...
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

The thing I like best about dropbox is how it automatically uploads any photos I take with my phone. Snap a picture and it's on my office computer and my home computer automatically. They're also available to me on any computer with a browser.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    I guess it's too late to try to talk you into getting an Andriod?

I chose iPad becauser i have the iPhone and have a few bucks invested in App's and iTunes.

I just got Dropbox, Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I got plenty of hooks but I think I'm going to need more ammo.