Thread: clover question

Default clover question

planted some clover last year, and was hoping it would come back this year. Apparently there are more weeds than clover so my question is can i disc it, replant it and still potentially have some clover pop up, or will discing it do the clover in for good.

You could also spray it if you have the capability that is what I do. I spray post and 2-4db that will kill most things except the clover. That with 0-20-20 fertilizer will help the clover choke out the weeds. What type of clover is it, that matters to?
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 05-05-2013 at 07:09 PM.

cant really remember what type. I have a four wheeler sprayer.

Call me tomorrow....
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    You could also spray it if you have the capability that is what I do. I spray post and 2-4d that will kill most things except the clover. That with 0-20-20 fertilizer will help the clover choke out the weeds. What type of clover is it, that matters to?
    You mean 2-4dB, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by smallwater View Post
    You mean 2-4dB, don't you?
    yes, it was a typo good call and a bad one at that.

That's what I use and it works great but it can be expensive if its a large area.

\"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

weed control is key.

I gotta a man telling me that he is using 1.5 oz of glysophate to the gallon (diluted mixture) to spray 2nd generation or older clover plots with a decade of success, I dont have the balls to spray mine, any of you ever tried it for weed/grass control? I stick with the Slay and Arrest from WTI.

Yes, we use glypho. periodically over Durana.

We mow regular and spray with Poast.
    80-20 Genaration

Default Re: clover question

If you had a well established perrenial clover plot what would you do this time of year?

We normally disc and plant a lablab mix with several different things. The clover has come back strong in late winter early spring once theyve mowed the wheat down.

Problem is its a small tract and one of the only plots we have.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    piss on china, the country and the dishes. I can stack dishes any where, instruments of death deserve a special place.