Thread: Am I being ripped off?

Default Am I being ripped off?

I am currently spending $350 monthly for a local Internet marketing firm to manage my company website. In the three months I have been working with them the only changes I can see is that I am now in position "E" on google places and show up in the middle of page 2 when being searched organically through google. I asked what they have been doing they said setting me up on google places and maintaining my position on that and doing SEO to put me closer to the first page. I feel like I'm wasting money with these folks. Am I expecting too much to soon or am I getting screwed? Any suggestions of someone better to work with?

Default Re: Am I being ripped off?

What does your company do?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Charter fishing in myrtle beach. Www.lowcountryfishingcharters.com

well, in my opinion, yes, you are being ripped.

is your site paid for? will they let you take over management? can you do it?

You could set up an adwords campaign and get your site to the top for less than 350 a month. if you're not on the top half of the first page, you're pissin in the wind IMO.

Yes I own the site. I totally agree w u. If its not on page 1 near the top it's a waste. I was doing Adwords on my own before I started having them try to manage the site this way. I can always go back to that.

We do the ad word thing, we use MVO marketing out of Atlanta. I think our city website comes up like 3rd or 4th. Some companies like Allegra can do this for you at much cheaper.

Sounds like it would be cheaper and more effective to drop them and be a site sponsor...

You may be paying too much, but your not getting ripped-off; it's a professional-looking website.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymd3tRzhNt8[/ame]

First off MB ain't in the low country. People in the know search "low country fishing charters" and they see you in MB and the first thing that comes to mind is "dumbass don't even know his way around the state and he wants me to give him money on the premise that he knows his way around the waters?", not gonna happen and they move on.

Moral of the story is; SEO ain't gonna help you, bubba, because you decided on a fucked up name for your charter business that doesn't reflect the area you operate in. Might I recommend Grand Strand Fishing Charters instead.

The video you posted speaks for itself in why i didnt name my company "grand strand fishing charters" as you suggested. i did not want to be associated with the redneck riviera persona of myrtle beach. While i am fully aware of my sc geography and know that mb is not "the low country" i believe that there is more to the term low country than just the location. I feel that there is an attitude, culture and lifestyle tied to the words "low country" that i pass on to my clients on every charter. The class and southern charm of the low country is one of the best attributes of sc and i hope to convey this to my clients and give them the best experience possible with this basis of thought regardless of my company name.

There's a good bit that goes into SEO. If that includes hosting, I don’t think it's a bad deal. Get another quote and maybe negotiate it down some. I like the name, and the site.

Tater is just being a B as usual. SEO isn't only linked with company name.