Thread: Students hunting coyotes for money

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Students hunting coyotes for money

Students hunting coyotes for money

Callie Green, a freshman psychology major from Riverton,
    and Trent Sonderegger, a sophomore engineering technology
    major from Monticello, wait while coyote hunting

According to the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources website, the bounty for bringing in a coyote is now $50.

Coyotes are predatory animals feeding largely on livestock and deer populations. According to the DWR’s website, this is why there is a bounty on coyotes.

Scott Reeves, a sophomore agricultural science major from Monticello, said he has been coyote hunting since he was about 14 years old. He didn’t start coyote hunting for the money, though.

“One main reason I started (coyote hunting) was to protect livestock,” he said.

Trent Sonderegger, a sophomore engineering technology major from Monticello, said he’s been hunting since he was a kid, but didn’t begin coyote hunting until about six months ago.

“I scope out spots or find places to go beforehand, where I can keep myself concealed, but still see a large area,” he said. “Then [I] just call for a little bit to see if anything comes in.”

Where to go hunting is another matter. Sonderegger said it’s important to keep the places a person goes hunting private.

“That’s a coyote hunter’s biggest thing; you’ve got to keep your hunting spot secret because you don’t want everybody to find out about it,” he said.

While both Reeves and Sonderegger said one of their favorite things about coyote hunting is being outdoors, they also said the increased bounty is a nice incentive to go.

Callie Green, a freshman psychology major from Riverton, recently went coyote hunting for the first time. She said that it was more fun than she had expected and although they didn’t get the coyote, it was awesome to see one the first time she went.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

I wish SC would pay a bounty for coyotes. If I could get $50 for everyone I killed I would hunt them hard for play money.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    I wish SC would pay a bounty for coyotes. If I could get $50 for everyone I killed I would hunt them hard for play money.
    Someone got a spare 1.6 million to pay for the ones deer hunters already kill?

"During 2011 it is estimated that approximately 32,204 coyotes were harvested by deer hunters in South Carolina (Table 13 - Adobe PDF),"

http://dnr.sc.gov/wildlife/deer/2011...estReport.html

Quote Originally Posted by JBtflo View Post
    Someone got a spare 1.6 million to pay for the ones deer hunters already kill?

"During 2011 it is estimated that approximately 32,204 coyotes were harvested by deer hunters in South Carolina (Table 13 - Adobe PDF),"

http://dnr.sc.gov/wildlife/deer/2011...estReport.html
    I wonder how they came up with this number.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    i wonder how they came up with this number.
    yeah that would be interesting b/c when i splatter one's brains i just throw the nasty pos in a hole.

I wonder how they came up with this number.

Surveys.

"As with any mail survey, a portion of the attempted sample (25,000) was returned as undeliverable mail (669). Therefore, the actual attempted sample was 24,331 representing 14.8 percent of the entire population (164,698) of license holders. A total of 6,750 completed surveys were returned yielding a 27.7 percent response rate and 4.1 percent sampling rate on the entire licensee population. "

Survey results gives an estimated 140,152 deer hunters (out of a potential 164,698 that licenses make them eligible to hunt deer). Take 32,000 coyotes / 140,000 deer hunters = 22.9% of deer hunters (or 1 in every 4.4 deer hunters) needs to kill one coyote to get to that number. I'd consider that entirely possible.

Were you directly or indirectly involved in this study? I would think they would take into account people who are trappers. I still thing that number is a little far fetched.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Were you directly or indirectly involved in this study? I would think they would take into account people who are trappers. I still thing that number is a little far fetched.

I've read some of the report, but no I'm not involved, except I think I got a survey last year.

It's just deer hunters that are asked if they killed a coyote during the deer season.