Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are yall as optimistic as I am?

I wanna see that!
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Thats like some of my friends who go deer hunting and say they dont think they will see anything. Well, why go? Every time i climb a tree, walk in the swamp, or wake up in april i think that today is going to be the day. I have to believe that. Now fishing...thats a different story.

Bewteen the shad nets, fog, negative tides, skeeters, b&c gators, and near record heat who needs ducks?
    Its more fun dealing with all that than shooting some stinkng ducks. Bummer this front is coming through and will take the remaining 6 ducks to Florida.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Didn't y'all get the DU memo back in September? RECORD DUCK NUMBERS this year boys. Any day now. Any day...

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    Bewteen the shad nets, fog, negative tides, skeeters, b&c gators, and near record heat who needs ducks?
    Its more fun dealing with all that than shooting some stinkng ducks. Bummer this front is coming through and will take the remaining 6 ducks to Florida.
    I plan on hunting three more times, one is a draw. We have a private ramp 2 minutes from my house as well. I still dropped my jonboat off at a buddy's shop yesterday. He said it wouldn't be ready in a week so I would lose a few chances. That's fine I told him, I plan on starting to fish.

And the record cold, hurricanes laying down corn, and....

Same hope, different reason every year.

I'm having a phenomenal season. Dont leave the boat ramp til 545, no expectation of getting any "spot", dont expect to see more than 5 ducks, and hope a hen bufflehead flys by for a pass shot. Anything on top of that is gravy.

Hard to be disappointed with expectations like that.
    It took a few years, but i figured it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

I like the way sprigdog thinks...

Went out this morning with high spirits, and returned with only a drake shoveler.... better than coming home empty handed!

I go on Thursdays.....Toofer hunts on Fridays.....just sayin.....
    Founding Member of the Short Mo' Sea Pro Posse

Fuck Purdue

Since things are so slow on my end, the remainder of the season I'll be hunting spots I've scouted out before but never hunted. (Or seen any one else hunt). Nothing to lose I guess. If anything it'll give me some ideas for next season.. I looked at my journal last night of all my hunts and I've bagged 59 ducks and 2 mergansers out my boat this year. The past two weeks yielded less than 10 of them.. most days there were two guns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baybuster View Post
    Highflyer kills ducks. I've seen this. Don't be mistaken little fella.

And that my friends is why I have pretty much quit duck hunting in SC.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Finally I broke down and bought stamps today and now have the boat hooked up for in the morning. Gonna slay their asses, well probably not, but I'm dying to go for some fucked up reason.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.