Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New hobby

Quote Originally Posted by huntboykins801 View Post
    Fixes it

Yep.

Just turned my first as well. Its addicting to say the least.
    Attached Images Attached Images

hunt PM sent

They look good!

Thanks... PM returned
    Last edited by huntboykins801; 09-20-2012 at 11:32 AM.

They look good Rusty.

I love a wood call.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    I love a wood call.
    This ↑

Wood is the only kind I will hunt with, except for an old style hard rubber D2 like the one I learned on.

I have a couple of acrylic calls but they have never hung from my lanyard, they stay on the shelf. To me, and this is me personally, an acrylic call is nice to look at, but I just can't get the range of sounds I want with one. I have a couple of custom ones that cost quite a bit of money...but I want a wood call when I'm in the blind talking to the bird.

I think a wood call sounds better and better as the morning progresses. Especially on the 'Low End' work when I'm closing the deal. Maybe it's from the humidity absorbed into the wood from my breath. Whatever it is the tone gets sweeter and smoother.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Btw, Huntingboykin, those look real good.

That's a nice looking call Cookga12 made too.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Thanks Merg

Quote Originally Posted by cookga12 View Post
    Thanks Merg
    Somehow I missed your pic of the call. Looks good. Who are you getting the wood from?

I don't turn them, but my buddy back home does. He let me try that one out of some cedar. Wouldn't let me spin a block of his high dollar wood. I can ask him where he gets it. Cedar is a light wood and not very hard. Good low end on the call.