Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Persimmon Trees

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] lets not forget Nutz testing the e-collar. [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Cut'em...I didn't know you had gotten your screen name from "Cut'em off", first thing I know is that I have a great stand and then directly I see Cut'em slip over from his spot into the flight path the birds were taking to my stand. [img]graemlins/confused.gif[/img] only thing I could do was come join you and watch you whack a few. [img]graemlins/thumb2.gif[/img]

In all seriousness that was one of the more enjoyable days I have had in the dove field in a long time....
    If you don't know me how could I offend you?

If you are not a member of Delta or DU then you are living on duck welfare.

yessir, it was a great time!

Lab is a helluva host with a awesome home place.

and the e-collar "test" runs a close second to the miss-identified tree.

Ok what the fuck everrrrrrrrr! Nutz was the stupidest fucker out there!!!!!!! [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

I had a great time as well!!! Just got rain on the proso, don't know if it's gonna germinate in time or not???????? Damn it!!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

no egyptian this year?

Never had any egyptian, was all forage sorghum,used as a cover crop for deer. Egyptian has too much leaf for dove in my opinion.
    12-26-98 12-1-13

Cutone, if you boys would get out of those tower stands, quit shooting deer over corn and put those damn rifles up, you may actually learn to hunt and something about the woods and the fruit bearing trees deer prefer to use!
    12-26-98 12-1-13

I guess my phone was broken.

Nooooooooo, I think you went down the road that day, but I also realize at your age memory is first thing to go, second only to your love tool!! [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
    12-26-98 12-1-13

Originally posted by LabLuvR:
    Nutz was the stupidest fucker out there!

Maybe so, but I was the first one with a limit! [img]graemlins/headbanger.gif[/img]
    I had an ant farm once......them fellas didn't grow shit.

tradorion Coots

Hell- i gave the man a 1-800 number w/ a 24hr personal answering service for me and STILL never got the call...

T

Trad, that was for the outlaws across the road. They must have read our PM as things improved within the week???!!
    12-26-98 12-1-13

Did you plant them in sand?

Most fruit trees with pits, like a peach, plum,& persimmon are hard to start. The best way to sart them is in a 1 gallon pot of sand, water it often and they will grow.

I would think the acidity & moisture in the possom shitake would help the persimmon germinate and grow.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

DT,
    Not sure about p'simmons but some seeds have to pass through an animals digestive tract before they will germinate. One of those as you probably know is poke salad.

Another I have suspicions about is cedar. You never see young cedar sproutlings under a cedar tree where the berries naturally fall. But anywhere birds may rest after feeding on the berries, like on fencelines, the seedling are everywhere. This suggest to me that the cedar/juniper berries have to pass through a bird's alimentary canal before germinating.

When I did a little search I saw where some seeds also have a better germination rate (in some cases 80% better) when they pass through an animal's digestive tract, even though it wasn't "required" for germination.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Kneedeep should eat seeds and go into business...
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

Originally posted by Duck Tape:
    We tried to sprout persimmon trees from seeds. The only one that came up were the ones we fished out of possum crap.
    Why?
    As Mergie alluded to, some seeds have protective coatings that the enzymes in the possum's stomach broke down. The same thing would have happened if they had passed through a deer,raccoon,or bird. It's like a natural innoculate.

It's nature's way of spreading the plants around.

They would probably sprouted on their on in the second year without being eaten.

jp, are you still sore about loosing out in omaha or something?

Naw - least we made it. (That was too easy) We peaked too soon and then hit a cold spell. Clemson will be in the hunt again for a few years if we can keep our coach.

Why's everything got to be about sports - the fact that you're KNND and could make money eating and growing persimmon trees should be good for something.
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

Persimmons are kinda sour like grapes sometimes jp..... after traveling to omaha so many times we really needed a break so the team could have a summer vacation, sort of like Clemsuck for the last few years [img]graemlins/fu.gif[/img]
    Highjack complete.

Didn't Clemson get farther this year than the cockle-doodle-don'ts did? How's that losing 8 of 9 in football thing going?
    "Vis pacem - para bellum" If you want peace be ready for the war.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell