Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elks...

Yea, everything will be completely different from now till then.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Great story. Thanks for sharing your adventure!

Elk hunting is awesome. I have chased them 27 days combined. 3 times in CO, 1 time in OR. I have yet to bring one home. I drew back 4 times and released two arrows. One was bloody and it was the toughest animal I ever lost.
    "I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion"
    - Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion, 1973

Finally got some pictures uploaded to show you guys.

Speed goats on the way into the Gila

Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Home away from home

View from my "front porch"

Dawn breaking on the first morning

This fire got a little hot

Looking into the Gila Wilderness

Tried to make a stalk on some elk at the top of the right hand hill(behind those 3 bigger pines)...twas a lot farther than I thought it was when I started out after them.
    Last edited by quackaddict; 09-18-2012 at 07:19 PM.

This storm

Brought this

And this

East from camp on morning

North from camp. Down this ridge is where I missed my cow.

Found a few sheds while I was there

I did make a kill while I was there though. I might have missed a 500+ lb elk, but I smoked this wabbit.

Sounds like a great experience, thanks for sharing.
    Let's Fish www.carolinaaeromarine.com Or dip something www.tntcustomcamo.com

*yes, Capt Toms yankee ass did show me a new trick in my own backyard*-- CYPRESNEAK