Thread: Moose Hunt2 :The Return

The weather flat out sucked,highs in the 60s and pissin down rain,thurs nite-fri-sat-sun mornin.Stuck Andre's truck about 10 miles in the bush Sat. night(4wheel don't work).That was about 4pm,got rescued around 11:30pm.Took Chris's van down some roads that wasn't intended fer vans to go down and put a large hole in the oil pan.(almost where we stucked the truck).Chris's uncle followed the oil slick otherwise it woulda been a good walk. Started snowin Sun.night and the moose was movin Monday.The 3 of us saw 3 moose total,but always in thick cover(no shootin available).Chris shot a nice fat doe (about 150pounds) whitetail that was too curious (we fetched that home with us).Saw very few ducks,usually after shooting time was over and they was headin to bed.Puddlers seem to be gone from up there,all I saw was buffleheads and whistlers.One flock of snows went over headin south monday(I'd guess a couple hundred birds).Didn't see turkey vultures,usually there is a shit load of them around up there.1 bald eagle watched me for a while yesterday that made the trip worth it.Got the van back yesterday afternoon and got home last night about 11:00 pm.Another trip , a day late and a few dollars short. [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img]
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

YOU IS ONE NO MOOSE KILLIN MOFO.HOW BOUT NEXT TIME TRY HIRING AN INDIAN GUIDE [img]graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
    Freedom nor slavery favor any particular race or people

I don't believe you are really hunting. It seems like every time you and your male companions go in the woods for extended periods of time, all yall do is drink heavily and look sheepish upon your exodus. [img]graemlins/bj.gif[/img]

Harv, yall have GOT to start producing some meat - some 4 legged meat; or your credibility is going to suffer. How many merry men are in the Gay Moose Hunters Ass.???
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Harv tell dem boys spometimes it worth goin deep in the woods to drink for extended periods of time
    More fuel = more boost!!

Tha fact is ya wernt workin fer da man. Sounds like a great time. i'm only jealous.
    easy livin'

Thanks fer the kind words [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] We did get meat,picked up from the Sept. hunt.The boss man from the gang and one of the other fellers shot a big cow moose Sunday 100 miles east of where we was and left a quarter to be picked up.Now we have to go fetch more moose and maybe recreationalise fer another long weekend. I'll be back.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.