Thread: almost time

Less then 4 days to go.Just finished my annual re-reading of "Tenth Legion" by Tom Kelly and pages 188-212 of "The Wild Turkey and It's Hunting" by Edward Mcilhenny. All the calls and the thermocell are in the vest.The new choke is even better than I hoped for. The camping gear is all in one big pile in the spare room. I watched two grown gobblers strut for fifteen minutes in an area of the club that nobody usually hunts in and weather.com calls for 50s at night and 70s in the daytime for the first four days of the season. All of which I have off from work.

Could life be any better?
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Damn, when and where do I need to meet ya?

T-minus 72 hours
    No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

conservation permit holder

NBK Pro-staff

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    If I read 'mousetrap' in one more fishing thread I'm punching a puppy.

Will have to revive this one for those of us that don't hunt the lowcountry.

Had a wonderful time at the farm this weekend. Glassed several birds, took down a couple of deer stands, shot and changed my mind about which bow a few times, broke in the new boots, stayed up late reading the Tenth Legion and sipping single malt, woke up too late with a headache but started all over again Sunday morning. About 9am Sun, I finally found the big boy the neighbors, farmer, and nonhunting family members had been telling me about. He was a dandy and I watched him mosey along my favorite trail from about 200 yards away with the 10/42's. I sure hope he is studying the trees and bushes real hard along that trail cause he darn sure better notice the funny looking one in a couple more weeks. Something tells me he probably will and the fun will have begun.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead