Thread: Yak fishing

Default Yak fishing

Took the Kayak for a little upstate river trip today. Smoked them. I honestly lost track of how many I caught. Saw about 4 bald eagles and a couple of deer. Great day on the water.

I don't know how you did that in this heat but it looks like you had a blast! I need to get my ass back in a kayak for some fishing.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Just got in off the water from a trip with my nine year old in the Pro Angler. All that rain we've had here in Jacksonville really has the fishing screwed up. Water in the local ponds is up a good 2.5 feet and my gin clear honey hole now looks like some over done sweet tea!! I mean it's crazy dark tannin almost bordering on coffee color. Couldn't see down far enough to sight fish some big golden shiners so the boy ended up floating a few bream under a cork with no luck. I threw everything I could think of and only managed a little 12" bass on a frog and a 14" catfish on a plastic worm. We fished till 10PM and then called it a night.

Guess I'll wait till Sunday morning and go see how messed up the saltwater fishing is!!

Great pics!! It amazes me that in all my travels all over the US and with as much bass fishing as I do that I've never caught a small mouth before!!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Good work!
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Nice sir