Thread: Zoom Super Fluke vs Z man

Default Zoom Super Fluke vs Z man

So I got tired of spending a small fortune on super flukes so I decided to try out the z man. Withouth a doubt the z man last a lot longer but man it's a lot tougher to set the hook. Even with just skin hooking them, I missed quite a few fish. I almost never have that issue with the zoom. Anyone else tried these? Mag have to step up the hook size and see what happens.

What size/brand of hook are you using now?
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Gamakatsu swim bait hook. I needed the extra weight since the z man doesn't sink as well. Size 2. Wanted 3 but they were out.

That hook is what is tearing those zooms up so bad. Take a pinch weight and clamp it on to the front of a normal hook or to the shank if you want it to fall parallel to the bottom.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I'm not using that book with the zoom.

Oh gotcha. Sorry I misread. I guess you could try going up in hook size. I'm still stuck on trying to make the zoom work in my head. Which part tears up the front or mid section? If its the front you can always use a little super glue on the front to hold it together. We use it on gulp baits since they are so expensive and one damn sea trout can ruin a perfectly good lure.
    Last edited by MolliesMaster; 06-28-2012 at 08:08 PM.

Have you tired texposing your hook worked good for me wit hzman baits

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Oh gotcha. Sorry I misread. I guess you could try going up in hook size. I'm still stuck on trying to make the zoom work in my head. Which part tears up the front or mid section? If its the front you can always use a little super glue on the front to hold it together. We use it on gulp baits since they are so expensive and one damn sea trout can ruin a perfectly good lure.
    It is the head portion. Superglue was going to be the next thing that I try on the zoom. I wanted to see how these work first.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeKiller13 View Post
    Have you tired texposing your hook worked good for me wit hzman baits
    You mean like A jig or just not bury the tip?

I've seen some people rubber band (small bait rigging bands) their hooks to the side of bait instead of running it through the midsection. When the fish hits the hook is already exposed, the rubberband will slide down the shank and the bait will move out of the way. I don't know how well it works or how effective it would be in a very grassy/weedy situation.

Rig it like you normally would except bring you hook all the way through the just stick the tip barely back into the worm ... if you google it they have some great photo insturctions

Start saving all your torn up flukes and send them to me!!! I think I'm going to start melting down my zoom baits and repouring them into plaster of Paris molds. I burn through Horney toads like theyre going out of style!!! I've used the soft bait glue but it's not the greatest solution. I think repours will work a little better and not make me feel so bad when I'm averaging 1 to 2 fish per frog!!!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL