Thread: Pintail mount suggestions

Default Pintail mount suggestions

After killing a lot of hens in previous years, I finally killed my first drake this year. He's at the taxidermist now and I've been going back and forth on how to get him mounted. I thought about a standing mount with maybe his wing stretched or even a cupped mount flying. I can't make my mind up so what do yall think? Any help is apreciated.
    It's always High Tide in the High Tide

Here's a few of mine.

HERE IS A CRAPPY CELL PIC OF MINE....

HERE ARE SOME BEFORE IT LEFT THE TAXI SHOP....... I REALLY NEED TO TAKE SOME GOOD PICS OF THIS ONE AND THE CAN I GOT DONE AT THE SAME TIME...

AND ALSO A PIC OF MY BUDDIES THAT JUST GETTING FINISHED UP....

BOTH DONT LOCALLY BY THE SAME TAXIDERMIST THAT DID TRENTS.
    Last edited by dixiedeerslaya; 06-22-2012 at 01:52 PM.

Crappy lighting an i had just hung it so they were not adjusted, but you get the point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

See theres my problem i like all of them. I guess i need to kill 3 or 4 more this year and get them all those ways haha. I like the dead mount and thats probably what i would do except the wife told me any of them but that. And I thought about getting it like yours dds except with the head turned a little more almost like it was picking. When i shot him, he had his head back and was rising. It's just that i think i like the standing mount the best. From what i've been told a dead mount or standing mount will show off their colors better but i want to be able to show off that long double sprig.

Btw Trent that bottom mount is beautiful.

Yea i love a standing mount on a pintail.

Trent and dd..I wouldn't let that boy touch anything I was getting mounted haha

They are all sweet mounts. I need to kill one so i can get it mounted. They are beautiful birds.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    piss on china, the country and the dishes. I can stack dishes any where, instruments of death deserve a special place.

Last edited by Duckkiller; 06-22-2012 at 04:10 PM.
    Go Tigers!!!

Here's what I'd do: Get him and a hen mounted like this. Put them and Audubon's print over your mantle.

Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Not a great pic of the mount but its the only one ive got. This is how we got ours done from last season. She is pointing at the one she killed.

Last edited by Ishootwinchester; 06-22-2012 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedeerslaya View Post
    HERE IS A CRAPPY CELL PIC OF MINE....

HERE ARE SOME BEFORE IT LEFT THE TAXI SHOP....... I REALLY NEED TO TAKE SOME GOOD PICS OF THIS ONE AND THE CAN I GOT DONE AT THE SAME TIME...

AND ALSO A PIC OF MY BUDDIES THAT JUST GETTING FINISHED UP....

BOTH DONT LOCALLY BY THE SAME TAXIDERMIST THAT DID TRENTS.
    mine is done like the last one and i think that mount shows off their colors the best
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishootwinchester View Post
    Not a great pic of the mount but its the only one ive got. This is how we got ours done from last season. She is pointing at the one she killed.

Good looking mount but shes purtier. Lol