Thread: 600 shellcracker

Anybody got any details on the guy that got caught with 600 shellcracker at Low Falls. I heard that he got himself a $37,500 fine. That would come out to be $65 per fish over the limit.
    Be still and get your gun!!!!

I was under the impression it was 275 fish and the fine was hefty.
    You should have heard the rumors flying around my end of the lake.
    They got as bad as 2000 fish.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

I believe it is more like 275. But either way he should NEVER be allowed to have a license in this state or any other ever again. Makes me sick to my stomach.
    I also heard someone whom I think I know got nailed with over 100 Mollies. If it is him I will kick him square in his bean bags!!!
    ----------------------------------<br />I\'m getting worser!!!

Thats just irresponsible but how would you catch that many in one freaking day he must of been keeping the really small ones to. But Im with you to mirro he should never be able to buy a liscense any where.
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

I heard he was using traps and throwing cast nets. But you know how rumors go.
    Be still and get your gun!!!!

He caught them over a weekend.
    KG at the wagon wheel said he sold the fellas like 15 cans of red worms.
    DC, its not that uncommon to find a few hundred crackers beddin on the riverbank when the time is right.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Dood, I've gotten on a bed down there in the past where we've caught well over 150 big blue bream. My dad has hit the bedding shellcrackers and slayed em even worse. The difference is, we only kept the limit and threw the rest back. If you hit them right down there, you can load several coolers full in no time. What's really telling about this person is that he didn't take the time to take a legal limit home and come back for more. I am not opposed to someone catching a limit every day and keeping them all if they stay within the law. It ain't going to hurt the bream population in that lake no matter what, but to be so lazy as to stay there and keep that many over the limit is nuts.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!