Thread: Swim Baits

Default Swim Baits

What kind and why?

None, cause this ain't California.
    If god is your copilot, switch seats.

Quote Originally Posted by scmoose View Post
    Left over oysters???? Never heard of such a thing.

2500HD
    1436 Wareagle 25 Mercury

Swimmin' super flukes cause nothing else has the action.
    Reality is only an illusion
    that occurs due to a lack of alcohol.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”. Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by badfaulkner View Post

......Some of you guys are fastidious and choosy to the point of near faggotry.

Skinny Dipper, Yum Money minnow, zoom swimming fluke. Im not a big sb fisherman and am still learning. Personally I like a paddle tail or square tail. Dipper is pretty versatile, can use it pretty much anywhere. Can swim it down in the grass or up on top like a buzzbait.

Square tail gives off a little more vibration while the paddle tail is more subtle.

Skinny Dipper. As said before very versatile and damn it just holds up fish after fish.

Are you looking for soft plastic swim baits or hard baits?

Soft baits I've thrown Stike King Shadilicious, Lake Fork Magic Shad, Zoom Swimmin Flukes, and Skinny Dippers. I like the Skinny Dippers and Flukes the best. We catch tons of fish on them here in Florida.

Hard baits I have Spro BBZ1, Castaics, Sebile Soft Magic Swimmer, and Tru-Tungsten True Life baits. I prefer the Castaics overall but all of them catch fish. If you're looking to experiment with them I can cut you a package deal on a few different kinds. The out of pocket expense is the worst part of getting into them.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by GreenHeadRocker View Post
    Skinny Dipper. As said before very versatile and damn it just holds up fish after fish.
    z-man has a grass pig or something that is very similar to a dipper. zman stuff is tough as nails but even with the zman swimbait hooks it doesnt stay on the hook very good. It catches fish though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    Are you looking for soft plastic swim baits or hard baits?

Soft baits I've thrown Stike King Shadilicious, Lake Fork Magic Shad, Zoom Swimmin Flukes, and Skinny Dippers. I like the Skinny Dippers and Flukes the best. We catch tons of fish on them here in Florida.

Soft plastics is what I was after. Just curious what everybody uses and why.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucs18 View Post
    z-man has a grass pig or something that is very similar to a dipper. zman stuff is tough as nails but even with the zman swimbait hooks it doesnt stay on the hook very good. It catches fish though.
    I use a stanley hook with the pyramid looking weight at the head and the spring that you screw the head of the bait into. I'll have to look and see what model it is. I know the hooks are about 2.50 a piece though.

Skinny Dipper(.)

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Soft plastics is what I was after. Just curious what everybody uses and why.
    Cuz they catch fish. They're popular on Hartwell.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." -Robert E. Lee

MONEY MIN

Lake fork Magic Shad!

Get you some white ones, swimming, sinking, burning, they like em.

I guess my final question is which one has the best action while slow retrieving? I know they all do good burning them across the surface.

Use ti flukes. Take one fluke and slide a coffee straw threw it then slide up the line. Then tie a swivel with a 1 foot leader made from fishing line with another fluke at the end. Promise the fish will go crazy for it.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Quote Originally Posted by coot nasty View Post
    Use ti flukes. Take one fluke and slide a coffee straw threw it then slide up the line. Then tie a swivel with a 1 foot leader made from fishing line with another fluke at the end. Promise the fish will go crazy for it.
    Double fluking in a pond can be troublesome, great application if the water depth and clarity are there.

Lake Fork's has one of the best actions out there, period. Slowly reeled , it looks just like a fish. Flukes are more jerk and suspend type baits, you can straight reel what I refer to a "swim bait".