Thread: My Son Killed His 1st Deer - YEHAW !!

YEHAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a weekend - a BIG BIG BIG time!!!
    Last weekend my daughter asked me when JUST her and me is going to spend some time in the woods together, all alone - the kids went to planning and scheming and a plan was forged .....

Ashley and me went to Blackville to dog hunt (I killed a 84lb doe)
    And Josh went to the Piedmont Hunt Club to hang out with Mr Wayne Archie. Mr Archie was joined by some other folks, friend and family.
    Josh and Wayne took a stand together and Josh killed a deer.
    He killed it with his new Rem 870 youth in 20 ga and 1 load of #3 buckshot.
    Wayne said they saw the deer coming and he got Josh ready and Josh took aim and then lifetd his head up off the gun, the deer walks a bit further and Wayne is telling him to shoot, Josh lays his head back down and POW, drops the deer in its tracks.
    Turns out a limb/branch was in the way and Josh just waited until the deer moved past the limb.

THEN ...... Josh went on to shoot a 6pnter Sat PM. What a day.

Words cannot describe the feelings I am having now!! Iv on cloud 21!!!!!!!
    I spent some most excellent time with my daughter, we had a science/biology lesson in the woods Sat AM after I killed the doe and had some MOST terrific time with friend at Blackville (we killed 11 deer and 1 russian strain pig) and meanwhile 100 miles away, my son is killing deer and forging and building new friendships!!

Wayne Archie - THANKS!!! There are not too many men that would take another man's child on opening weekend of deer season out to kill a deer - you are one of the best gentelmen I have ever had the pleasure to know!
    And a BIG BIG BIG Thanks to Bruce, Jeff, Cory and Jim!!!
    I have some more pics and will post up shortly - experincing some troubles this AM (cnnot find server)
    Good Dogs- $600.00 <br />Dog Box- $350.00 <br />Old Truck- $4,000.00 <br />Hearing a pack of hounds chase Mr. Whitetail in the SC swamps - PRICELESS!!!<br /><br />I came out here to enjoy nature, dont talk to me about the environment

Congrats to your son. Building memories that will last a lifetime. I still remember sthe older guys that would take me when my Dad wasn't going. That's what its all about. Sharing what we have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

Awesome...
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Curtis,

Tell Josh congrats. That is great. Hope Ashley can get one soon. You've done good raisin' them the way you have.
    “I’ve often said there’s nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse.” - Ronald Regan
    GOD Bless America!!!
    Echo '94
    Lankyman

Congrats to you and Josh, I want to see the picture where he has been bloodied. Two in one day, he is doing alot better than most on this site.

Thanks!
    Good Dogs- $600.00 <br />Dog Box- $350.00 <br />Old Truck- $4,000.00 <br />Hearing a pack of hounds chase Mr. Whitetail in the SC swamps - PRICELESS!!!<br /><br />I came out here to enjoy nature, dont talk to me about the environment

That showdoes look like one deer killin' machine there!! Ha, Ha!!! Congrats Josh!!
    “I’ve often said there’s nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse.” - Ronald Regan
    GOD Bless America!!!
    Echo '94
    Lankyman

DuCabin is offline The KING of no original thoughts!

Congrats CPIPER!
    \"If you\'re not living life to the fullest just go ahead and die or get with living it to the fullest, now!!!!!\" <br />\"The only thing necessary for the triump of evil is for good men to do NOTHING.\" Edmund Burke

BTW, he is only 7 years old - beat me by 3 years for his 1st deer!
    He told me "Dad, shooting then deer from the tree was just practice for when I go to Blackville".

LOL!! I think he KNOWS its gonna be harder to shoot one on the move - but - we is gonna try.

Congratulations to both you and your son! He sure beat me by quite a few years on my first one.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Congrats.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Congrats man. That is the best thing for him to shoot. Now he can look forward to a little bigger deer as the next goal. I think it is unfortuante when a kid shoots a huge deer for their fist. They might go ten years before they have the satisfaction of shooting a bigger deer than the first one. I think knowing they can improve keeps kids going.
    Leadership in Service<br /><br />Dream Big and Dare to Fail..<br /><br />\"And the sky was full of Anatadae\".. Mr. Buck

Congrats CPiper!

Josh and his Guide!
    Thanks ABillion Mr Wayne Archie!!!!!!!

Wow Cpiper, That's great. Sounds like your have a good fall. I'm happy for you.

Take Care.

JP
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...