Thread: Results

Default Results

I started the semi Paleo diet in January. I am sure any diet would have dropped some pounds, but I have tried other diets,but at least with Paleo, I am not hungry all the time.

I have stayed off of the scales--but today I weighed in, and got some stuff checked.

I am 6'4" to give some perspective--not extremely overweight--but not ideal.

Results: Starting weight= 242 weight today= 218
    waist=40 waist 36.25

Only have after results:

BP today= 100/65
    Cholesterol=160 mg

People can tell me this is a fad diet all they want. It is working. I have only cheated by drinking the occasional beer and some sugar in the dried fruit I eat.

All of this is with very moderate exercise--full court basketball for 2.5-3 hours on Sunday nights--sometimes 1 other day per week.
    I do walk a fair amount at work.

I don't drink enough water.
    I plan to start a more serious exercise routine as I think I have lost the "easy" weight. I'll keep posting.

Thanks Glenn and Tater and Fish.
    I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what they had to teach; and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. Henry David Thoreau, WALDEN

Dude, that is truly amazing.

Congrats.

Damn right. I need to start this.

Good work, Edisto!
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Thanks Moats. That really means something coming from you.

For full disclosure--I never had trouble with BP or choloesterol before--but I was worried based on diet that they could spike. Not sure where my numbers were as I have switched docters a few times.

I should add that I do not smoke or dip and I would consider my alcohol consumption as low (*cough* compared to most of you all.)

But damn if I don't still have tendonitous under my right patella.
    I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what they had to teach; and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. Henry David Thoreau, WALDEN

Nice work my man!

B-12 is what I use for the tendon stuff but I feel sure I got some age on ya!
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by Edisto View Post
    But damn if I don't still have tendonitous under my right patella.
    I struggled with that for a while too. Stretch your calves, quads and hamstrings.

Sampson stretches, roman deadlifts and good mornings are all good ones.

I stretch pretty well before I play ball--probably need to stretch every day. I am fairly flexible. I am starting to worry that I may have more significant damage to my tendon. I do wear a cho strap as well any time I play ball, which helps, but once I take it off--ouch.

I'll try the B-12 Dr.

Air squats are you best friend.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fdnDoiqvUY&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Good job Edisto!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Edisto View Post
    People can tell me this is a fad diet all they want. It is working.
    My response would be:
    "Fad eh? How long has your diet of eating stuff besides meats, fruits, and vegetables been around? How is it working for you?"

Glad you are having fun getting healthy! Its so easy a caveman could do it!