Thread: Battery Charger Recomendation?

Default Battery Charger Recomendation?

I have two batter chargers and evidently neither are working now. Any body got a recommendation that won't break the bank? I would prefer one with the 50 amp boost option.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Open them up, probably just a blown fuse . Some have a thermal overload and may not be resetting.
    HRCH Fat Daddy Cash MH
    HRCH Tonka's Rebel Yell MH

They are turning on but that is about it. They are cheap walmart chargers, would they still have a fuse?
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Odds are they will.
    HRCH Fat Daddy Cash MH
    HRCH Tonka's Rebel Yell MH

Default guest

Get a guest and keep your batteries on charge all the time. Great chargers and outstanding customer service. They arent cheap but are absolutely worth the money.
    Last edited by sc high tide; 03-12-2012 at 09:23 PM.
    "It's a numbers game" - Mac Owen
    Endangered: Farmers, Watermen, and Rural Life

I pulled the 30 amp trailer brake circuit and ran it to a trolling motor plug installed in the side console of my Explorer. Nothing charges a battery like a car's alternator.

(Do use a home charger but always have the aux battery plugged into the car on the way there and one the way back - the car does most of the work).
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    I pulled the 30 amp trailer brake circuit and ran it to a trolling motor plug installed in the side console of my Explorer. Nothing charges a battery like a car's alternator.

(Do use a home charger but always have the aux battery plugged into the car on the way there and one the way back - the car does most of the work).

Would you please take a picture or two of this setup?
    "The real reason fish jump - they don't have a middle finger!"

I've read a lot of good things about #1 on this list...
    http://car-battery-charger-review.toptenreviews.com/

Quote Originally Posted by boondoggle View Post
    Would you please take a picture or two of this setup?
    You need to watch the polarity and do not plug in a battery unless the car is running. Doing so will drain the car battery to the point it won't start the car. Remember to unplug it before or right after turning the engine off too.

The spare 30A circuit was located under the glove box, you can just see the red wire from the braking circuit in the gap between the panels. I took the connector that came with my Explorer and wired it to the Attwoood trolling motor plug mounted on the hump panel. Sorry but you can't see the trolling motor plug that's connected to the battery but you can see the wiring on the battery terminals.

I have an identical plug located in my boat so I simply plug the battery into the boat's electrical system.

I've also got a 400W inverter with the same plug that I can plug into the car. I've used it and an AC power air compressor to pump up a flat tire after I patched it. The inverters that plug into a cigarette lighter are only good for about 200 watts.

Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

The best float charger I have ever used is this: http://batterytender.com/marine/wate...emisphere.html

everything else I have used that is worth a damn has been schumacher http://www.batterychargers.com/
    Dum Spiro Spero