Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zinger Winger or Gunner Up? Tritronics or Dogtra?

Default Zinger Winger or Gunner Up? Tritronics or Dogtra?

Been looking at purchasing launchers and electronics. Which one is better and why?
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

They are all great products and you cant go wrong with any of them. Im looking into buying a couple of wingers and Im going with GU.

Ive already got Dogtra electronics, I switched over from Tritronics due to shitty customer service and now that Ive gotten used to the different layout, I like the Dogtras better. Just easier to use
    Last edited by FEETDOWN; 02-13-2012 at 02:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

that's first negative thing on tri tronics I've heard of.

what flyer system had all the problems with electronics having to be upgraded?

They make a good product dex, I just had a bad experience. Word to the wise, if you ever call their customer service dept and a female answers the phone, just hang up. She's satan's mom.
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Let me know if I can help you with your Gunners Up purchase, glad to give a discount to an SCDucks member.
    HRCH Ogeechee River's Spur of The Moment MH
    Coastline's Seal The Deal

Gunners Up Winger - Dealer for Georgia and South Carolina

I think God will have prepared everything for our perfect happiness. If it takes my dog being there [in Heaven], I believe he'll be there. - Rev. Billy Graham

GU for me. Let me know if I can help you with the Dogtra electronics.
    80-20 Genaration

Is there a difference between the dogtra and tritronics launcher electronics or is it the same thing as the collars, meaning it is really just personal preference? (like the collars)

I like the fact that tritronics says that you can switch the transmitters to control other receivers. Dogtra doesnt mention that, but I may have missed something.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

The dogtra transmitter will control 8 receivers with extention cable will operate 16 wingers.
    Last edited by Duckman#1; 02-13-2012 at 08:46 PM.
    80-20 Genaration

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    The dogtra transmitter will control 8 receivers with extention cable will operate 16 wingers.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong... but that would be used for a set of sedenion marks.
    "I never met a dog I didn't like" ..slightly twisted words by Will Rogers

"When dogs make mistakes, don't hold it against the dog, point the finger at yourself"
    "If you train a young dog for momentum, precision will arrive. If you train for precision, demanding perfection, momentum will depart."
    "It is unreasonable to expect a dog to be more precise than you are." ~ Rex Carr

"You own what you condone." ~ Mike Lardy

GU and Dogtra
    Proud owner of 3 AKC.Bench Champion MASTER HUNTERS

Gunners Up and Dogtra for me. I have had this set-up for the last 7 years with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by HRC Dogs View Post
    Please correct me if I'm wrong... but that would be used for a set of sedenion marks.

As long as no more than 6 of them are inline and atleast 2 are outgoing diversions thrown at the same time AT the dog.
    80-20 Genaration

GU and dogtra for me.
    HRCH Johnny's "Tucker" Out Splashin' MN
    HR Drew's Outback Girl "Bindi"

Quote Originally Posted by HRC Dogs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    As long as no more than 6 of them are inline and atleast 2 are outgoing diversions thrown at the same time AT the dog.

Im glad you two are running dogs this weekend and not setting up tests.

Quote Originally Posted by cudexter View Post
    that's first negative thing on tri tronics I've heard of.
    Damn. That's ALL I hear about TriTronics. Their customer service has always been a weak point.

Used to be, they'd charge you $100 for a repair no matter how old the collar and no matter what caused the failure. Compare that with their competition, namely SportDog.

Its all about that brand name.

I haven't really even heard of dogtra. I'll have to give them a look when it's time to get one

Zinger Wingers and the new Dogtra RR's .

Any other problems with TT other than customer service?

I personally have never had an issue with TriTronics products or their customer service, and they support all of the major dog events as sponsors. They put their money where their mouth is by making sure that you will be satisfied. I understand that occasionally there may be an issue where some service rep might not give you the answer that you might like to hear, but if you are persistent and truly exercise all avenues to get reasonable help you will get it. If there is someone on this board who needs to have someone call TriTronics for them I will be glad to do it, with them or for them if I have all of the information I need to answer the questions. I am glad to do it.

As for the wingers, Gunners Up is bottom line a safer piece of equipment. The safety mechanism if used correctly will prevent the user from accidentally firing the equipment and hurting themselves. My 12 year old son loads my wingers for me and I never worry because he knows how to do it correctly using the safety latch. The Zinger Winger has a latch that you hook the ring from the pouch on to, and it easily slips off if you are not careful. Finally, for the cost of the product ( and the discount I give SCDucks members when they order through me directly) there is really no question that Gunners Up is the better option, that is unless you are hell bent and determined to spend 100 more dollars to throw a duck the same place without the same level of safety.
    Last edited by SouthBryanLabs; 02-15-2012 at 08:22 PM.
    HRCH Ogeechee River's Spur of The Moment MH
    Coastline's Seal The Deal

Gunners Up Winger - Dealer for Georgia and South Carolina

I think God will have prepared everything for our perfect happiness. If it takes my dog being there [in Heaven], I believe he'll be there. - Rev. Billy Graham

I've been using Zinger Winger for years and Dogtra contols never had a problem. Very satisfied with.