Thread: Found, dead pig...got a question.

Default Found, dead pig...got a question.

on our property line...dead in a ravine.

dad found it and says it looks to have been dead about 6 months...

our place is basically in great falls...

should we be seeing more pigs in the future?

this is the first sign of any type from them we have seen.

and there are very scattered reports on pigs in that area. wateree road area.

we keep feeders out during the off season and have food plots planted.

will that be a draw for them?

Thanks for any info.
    xHCFKx

I'd like to thank my dad for coming, and my mom for being there...

Quote Originally Posted by stretcharmstrong View Post
    we keep feeders out during the off season and have food plots planted.

will that be a draw for them?

Thanks for any info.

Yes, if there are any in the area. When it starts getting tore up under your feeders, put a camera out.

Stretch I have hogs in Great Falls. They have been there for a while, don't know exactly where your property is, but there are hogs in that area.
    Phillipians 4:13

you has a PM.
    xHCFKx

I'd like to thank my dad for coming, and my mom for being there...

Back at ya. If you still got my numbers hollar at me tomorrow sometime.

Also in Great Falls off 97...no pigs...ever

Got pigs on our place near Blackstock. Neighboring club puts out corn year round trying to kill them but that aint helping. Need more claymores.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Based off stretches location he is on great falls side of interstate our side chuck. I know there are plenty around between 77 97 back toward blackstock. I think there is even a place that sells hog hunts right round there too

Yeah I know where Stretch's place is. Heading to my place tomorrow to see if I can find one of those nasty bastards or 10
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

My place is on 97 about 5 miles on the chester side of 77 and I have no hogs, however, I know of a club right off 77 on 97 that is slap full of'em. I also know of a guy on 97 between 77 and GF that brings in trapped hogs, releases them, and sells hunts.

Any person releasing those Damn things should spend time in jail. It ought to be a Damn felony.

[QUOTE=Finger Mullet;1038188]My place is on 97 about 5 miles on the chester side of 77 and I have no hogs, however, I know of a club right off 77 on 97 that is slap full of'em. I also know of a guy on 97 between 77 and GF that brings in trapped hogs, releases them, and sells hunts.[/QUOTE]

You do know that this is now highly illeagal, right? You can no longer transport live hogs in this state, unless permited and that doesn't allow them to be realsed on another property anyway.

http://www.dnr.sc.gov/news/yr2010/ju...une28_pig.html

Yes, I am aware. I have no association with this guy, just know that he manages a club and guides turkey and hog hunts on the side.

Wow.
    Let me just be the first to say this as a landowner in the area: What a P.O.S.

I found a pig carcass on my property last year. I've never seen a pig or any sign on my side of the fence but my neighbor, Brosnan Forest, has them in their low lying swampy areas. In the last five or six years, I haven't had any places on my land that hold water all year. I think if the property was wetter, I'd see them at least occasionally.

I asked the Brosnan manager about their coyote trapping. He said they catch 50 or 60 a year and most of them are caught also in the low lying areas. They presume the coyotes are there preying on the little pigs.