Thread: A nice relaxing hunt

Default A nice relaxing hunt

Woke up this morning at the farm and made the trip to the hunt area. Less vehicles than normal so this is looking good so far. Sent out a text message to a buddy and received no reply. Decided to wait a few more minutes then make the trek in to get a good spot. While grabbing my gear out of the truck a gentleman walks up and tells me he would like for me to shoot a box of his shells if I would fill out a survey afterwards. I had read the following article (http://www.southcarolinasportsman.co...ly.php?id=1772) earlier this week and was familiar with the program. I thanked him for the hat, the shells and would fill the survey out once I was done with the box of shells.

I found a nice little spot that would be sufficient in case a few of the hunting crew decided to show up. Sitting there enjoying the early morning listening to the banter going on amongst other groups within ear shot. Shortly before legal shooting the sound of guns being loaded replace the duck blind conversations for just a few minutes. Then I hear a member of one group tell one of his associates to lead the bird and continue to swing through even after the shot. Another group is laying out "sectors" and informing whoever is in that sector gets one shot at the duck then it is a free for all.

I dropped two drake woodies and then it started, the rumble and churning in my gut. Knowing this wouldn't turn out good if I stuck around for that third bird I made the dash back to the truck praying the ensuing gut bomb didnt detonate before I could formulate a plan. The rumblings in my stomach subsided but I wasnt going to risk a catastrophe and headed back to the farm. Stopped grabbed a paleo breakfast and made it back to the farm just in the nick of time.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

how did those shells shoot?

The were okay. The only issue is when the wad comes out and starts to degrade it may blow back into your face if you are shooting into the wind and could be aggravating. Other than that not a bad shell, but didnt shoot but a few shells.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?