Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Arkansas

Weather looking cold north of Arkansas. Hopefully it will send some birds. I am leaving in about 10 hours.
    "Blessed is the man... who makes one word grow where two grew before" - Havilah Babcock

You might as well learn that a man who catches fish or shoots game has got to make it fit to eat before he sleeps. Otherwise it’s all a waste and a sin to take it if you can’t use it.” - Robert Ruark

"Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing " -Benjamin Franklin

Some cold weather over the next week north of Arkansas. Highs in upper 30's and lows in teens. Hopefully it will stay cold enough to send some ducks soon.

As I will be lea
    "Blessed is the man... who makes one word grow where two grew before" - Havilah Babcock

You might as well learn that a man who catches fish or shoots game has got to make it fit to eat before he sleeps. Otherwise it’s all a waste and a sin to take it if you can’t use it.” - Robert Ruark

"Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing " -Benjamin Franklin

Hopefully it will stay that way and get a little cooler seeing i'll be out there sunday, well Mississippi that is.

Heading home from Arkansas now. Hunting was slow. Killed 18 in a day and a half with 8 hunters. Bird2 teal 1 mallard 1 gadwall and a stupid Drake pintail that dove into the spreead like a lawn dart. The rest were shovelers. Ducks just aren't there yet. Only seen two fields that had a few birsdd in them. On our way about cross the Delta. Millions of geese tho. Ducks jus haven't made it down there like they will there in a few weeks

Day one...me and my dad limited. My buddy and his crowd shot eight. Plenty of birds and they are very willing to work. Damn DROID wont let me post pics...email anyone?

Apparently you've never been on a real duck hunt.

Default Trip Cut Short

[QUOTE=jay12clay;989286]Leaving 29th for 5 days. Talked to my buddy today and seems the birds are scattered.[/]

Hit or miss for us with 3 Limits killed in two hunts. 5 hunters day 1, 6 hunters day 2. Geese were everywhere!
    Last edited by jay12clay; 01-02-2012 at 09:43 AM.