My father-in-law (Blackfoot III's father) owns approx. 100 acres in Kershaw Co. on the Lynches River (near Bethune). We have discussed putting part or all of the land in a CE but neither he nor I has any direct dealings with them. I have done a bit of research on the details of CE's with regard to hunting/recreation acreage and was hoping some of you could share some inside information that may be helpful.

Details on the tract:

- About 1 mile of river frontage
- Bottomland acreage (flood plain) totals 40 acres. Mixture of old growth timber, recent clear cut and beaver ponds. This area floods when the river comes out - could not be developed
- There are 60 acres in food plots and 15 year old pines (thinned once) "on the hill"
- I would not consider this land to have any immediate, apparent development value. The property is currently used for hunting, recreation, and timber.

Any thoughts on CE's? Nuances or things to look out for? Have you guys found the tax benefits to be substantial? Is it hard to get involved with a program? Do they make a restrictive "son-in-law use ONLY" easement?

Thanks in advance...