I use to dabble in breeding GSPs (usually for friends, family and people that knew the dogs I had) but am not sure of the proceedure for late registration. I have a male that is full blood from a pair that I had some years ago. Both parents were registered as well as subsequent litters. The litter this male came from was unexpected and quite frankly I was in the middle of a divorce and my head was not all in it. The litter never got registered but I need to register this dog if possible. It was slack on my part and I might be paying the price now, I hope not.

The reason is that I had sent the bitch away for her heat cycle. She was away for the appropriate amount of time and the vet's office pronounced her clear. She wasn't home an hour and the male had her tied up so, I may or may not be looking at a litter that I didn't plan on. I don't want to try and sell dogs that do not carry a pedigree or papers (NOTE: I AM NOT TRYING TO SELL PUPPIES, just gathering information).

And yes, the vet cannot believe this happened and has said the litter is liable to be small or not at all. They have also agreed to trade out services like shots, docking tails, wellness checks etc. for the mistake. I contacted the AKC for information but I thought that I would ask here and get information back a little faster.