There is a substantial behind the scenes push to change the season dates and limits in GZ 2 ... Proposed is to eliminate the archery and primitive weapon seasons and let Sept 15 be the all weapons opener ... Sept 15 for rifle, archery, muzzleloader, machete & spear or whatever.

This is no joke ... I've spent the last 2 days on the phone and in meetings with DNR and Farm Bureau ... FB is actually voting on legislative advisory changes at the Myrtle Beach Statewide Convention this week ... FB is pushing it hard on account of crop depredation and vehicle insurance claims ... Limits could change too ... DNR seems to be onboard, and DNR and APHIS will be in attendance at the FB convention ... Legislature sets the seasons in GZ 2, and DNR and FB have their ear.

I'm kinda on the fence about this, meaning if there is a reasonable limit enforced, what difference does it make when or how you harvest ? An all inclusive season would make it easier for DNR to police.

Personally, I had rather hunt after it's colder and not battle mosquitoes or have to deal with a deer carcass in the heat ... I'd also like to see Tele-Check instead of tags.

What are your thoughts ???