I am writing this post to see how you all would handle this situation.

I am currently a non-resident (Florida) that owns land in South Carolina and have for about 5 years now. It is less than 50 acres and has neighboring properties that would make a block of about 500 acres still hunting. There is a dog club nearby that constantly has dogs running through the property. The first few years it was bad, and they were in my yard ALL the time. Still hunting was getting old during it too. I figured if I couldn’t beat them join them as I have dog hunted plenty in Florida and enjoy it. I was told the club was full.

A few years ago, some of the adjacent landowners that were residents caught some of their dogs and made a bigger stink about it. As a result, it has improved some over the past 2 years.

Fast forward to this year, multiple times we have had our kids and dogs in the yard and here they come. My wife has to put the kids inside and also our dogs as I do not want them getting bit, in a fight or my dogs following them into the road and being hit by a car. I try to be pretty amicable but if one of the above things happened I would absolutely lose it.

In my opinion, there is a right and wrong way of doing things. I have been part of multiple dog clubs in Florida and there is absolutely no way we would be able to run this way. We could stop our dogs and are by no means crossing property lines every weekend. Neighboring landowners were always welcome. So on and so forth.

I guess the issue itself has compounded over the years where it is frustrating that I have dogs in my house yard on the weekend. Not that I want them on my property as a whole, but it would be a lot less frustrating if it wasn’t in the yard itself when we are trying to have family time etc (I really feel like I don’t have to explain this further…). I know darn well they wouldn’t care for me sitting outside their property honking my horn on a Saturday with my dogs in their yard.

Just curious how you all would handle the situation.

Few options I have thought of:

Catch their dogs and call the warden
Get with the neighboring landowners and try to fight this on a united front

What say you?