I have a M&P Shield and love it but it doesn't hold 10 rounds, which is the ideal for IDPA courses, and it doesn't have a slide cut. I've though about getting the slide milled but there's still that capacity issue. Now that Smith and Wesson finally came out with a 10+ or 13+ Shield that's optics ready, I need one. The only thing that concerns me is which sight to add. I think S&W has a deal with or owns Crimson Trace because they push their 1550 model. It looks cheap and, even though it mounts without an adapter plate, it is wider than the slide. I think adding a plate ruins the idea of a co-witness dot. Hanging over the sides just looks stupid.

Shield Sights, confusingly a completely different company from S&W, makes some compact models that might not hang over the sides of the slide. Not sure about their footprint. I think everything Holosun makes would require a plate. Same with Trijicon. Does anyone know which dot sight works well and fits without an adapter on a 9mm Shield Plus OR?