I am looking for a bit of help planning a Bahamas trip for this spring. I have done as much internet research as I can, but am looking for some rec's from people who have done it. My goal is to make this as economical trip as possible (within reason), so any tips on where to stay, eat, get fuel/bait, that could save money or be easier for a first timer, would be helpful.

Itll be 6 ppl going, so a condo style place with kitchen would be best bet.

My current plan is pull boat to Stuart area (I have family there to stay with and stash trailer and truck), boat across next morning, spend 1-2 days fishing, 1-2 days leisure on the boat, maybe 1-2 days off boat. I've looked at Blue Marlin Cove in West End, as well as an AIRBNB with a dock in Freeport.

My questions are-

West End, Freeport, or Bimini? and why?

How does the Customs process work? If I stay in an Airbnb, how do I link up with customs? what am I restricted from bringing with me? I would prefer to bring as much food, drinks as possible.

Any cool places to go by boat? I am considering hiring a captain for a day to go out on my boat to show us around and teach us about the fishing/area. Worth it or no?

Im fairly confident in my preparation and am not expecting the moon being my first trip, but I figured asking wouldn't hurt.