We havent done much of this in the past, but we have a little field (3.5 acres) that I went to work on with my son and nephew (both 11) in an effort to maybe shoot a dove or two in September. Sprayed, burned, disced, broadcasted browntop and fertilized, then covered. We planted it on June 27 and have gotten a good amount of rain on it since. I haven't laid eyes on it since we left that day, but plan to got have a look at it this weekend.

Unfortunately given the limited amount of time, and a field this size, I had to plant it all at once, vs in stages as I have been told is the better way to do it, so guessing it will all produce at about the same time.

I have read a good amount on what we need to do as we approach the season, but seems there are a bunch of different opinions - like most things.

I have heard or read a variety of things to do as we approach the season start date ---- to spray it with glyphosate two weeks before the season, burn it, bush hog it all, bush hog it in strips, disc it, disc it in strips, among others.

For those of you that plant browntop for doves - what are the steps you take as you approach the season?

Appreciate any guidance.