Thread: Rubberhead's 2020 WTBD Activity Almanac...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Rubberhead's 2020 WTBD Activity Almanac...

I've always liked forecast modeling. I can't say this is the most complex model I've ever built but it is based on both the moon phase and the calendar day. Moon phase is the dominate parameter because I simply could not find, in any of my records, photos or internet ramblings, any instance of killing a buck, missing a buck, losing a buck or passing up a shootable buck when the moon was waning between 72% full and 32% full or waxing between 32% and 92% full. I even "backcasted" the forecast by testing data that I found after I completed the modeling. 100% of the backcasted data fit within the model. Even with all that said there is no way that I had enough data to be considered even close to "statistically significant".

Of course "life" can't be quantified perfectly but I believe this enough that I am planning to schedule any vacation days around the best times to hunt. I will hunt on a zero star day only if there is literally nothing else going on. The model predicted best days are October 16-18, 2020. Luckily for weekend hunters that's a Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

I share this only as a challenge to the deer hunters on SCDUCKS to prove me right or prove me wrong - either way you get a deer hunt and hopefully, a deer, out of the deal. And, the only promise I will make is that this forecast is going to be better than the WHO's or CDC's COVID-19 models. Note to that only rack bucks were included in the model so don't try to rub a zero star, corn pile doe in my face as proof the model doesn't work...haha.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 2thDoc; 05-05-2022 at 08:15 AM.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.