Thread: Western Adventure 2019

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Western Adventure 2019

Drove out to NE WY for for Antelope and Mule Deer.
    1st day I hit up some BLM I’d scouted on previous trips and found some deer right away. Weather was warm and windy and I passed a couple of bucks I hope I don’t end up regretting hoping for something better when weather turned. My cousin and friend hit BLM in another unit and filled their antelope doe tags. No pics, nanny goats were killed cut up and packed out.
    2nd day we hit the ranch we hunt vis trespass fee for antelope. Ranch is 55k acres and friends and business associates get 1st dibs, then they take a handful of antelope hunters each year and same groups return until they die or get too old to hunt. We were on waiting list for 7-8 years before we got a spot. Decent private land not leased to outfitters is almost impossible to find anymore. We started sorting thru a ton of 12-14” bucks looking for a “ jumbo shrimp”. We saw a decont one pushing his does to a spot where we could slip into position for a shot. A long walk and short crawl up the back of a hill put us within 250 and my cuz put the smack down on one with his 06. Nice goat , fun stalk and a happy hunter.
    34E0758F-D03C-4C0B-BE2F-1C7E6BD9B326.jpg
    More to come... Winter is coming...
    Last edited by FLS; 10-10-2019 at 09:34 AM.