Guy I hunt with has a small tract of land in Mt Carmel (McCormick County ). It is bordered by National Forest land and his land actually is on Clarks Hill but no way to get dock permit

Land is also bordered by some state owned property

About 3 months ago he went down to start getting it ready for deer season, the state property was being clear cut and the loggers came across and cut about 2 acres of his timber

Logging company admitted they crossed line however they keep telling him the State Agency will pay him, State says different . He actually contacted the SC Forestry Commission and they sent out a guy and he confirmed the issue and said it falls on the actual timber company .

My friend is getting aggravated, he is one of these that likes things taken care ASAP, He keeps getting run around from logging company on paying him for timber .

I have 4 clients that are in logging business and everyone said it happens we just write a check for the cost of timber x3(apparently this is some type of state law)

He is told his next step is to file with court in McCormick and get it resolved. Not a lot of money at all he would just like to get it resolved.

How common is this for a timber company to just keep giving him run around, timber company is based in Leesville SC