Thread: 2 Pills... A final milestone

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 2 Pills... A final milestone

2 pills...

These 2 pills were the last oral dose of chemotherapy Colt has taken to complete his treatment. How can something so small carry such a significance?

These 2 pills represent 1,161 days of treatment: chemotherapy, other infusions, surgical procedures, blood draws, clinic appointments, emergency department visits, missed school, hospital stays and growing up too fast.

It seems like yesterday that he took the first pills. I was going to calculate how many he has taken but that required more energy than I was willing to invest.

Instead I choose to say a prayer for the kids who are still fighting for their lives, the ones who didn’t receive good news today, the ones that aren’t able to be in their own bed tonight. There are still too many of them.

His last IV chemo was ~2 weeks ago, the last oral dose was last night, and his portacath was removed today. We have the last official clinic visit coming up where he will get to ring the bell. I can tell you I'll be crying when he walks up and rings the shit out of that bell.

Y'all have been a source of strength and faith. I only know a handful of you but the support was never ending and I thank you for that.

Take a lesson from this, live your life, don’t lose your spark, never give up, and lean on your friends/family/faith when you find it difficult to stay upright.

2 Pills.jpg
    Last edited by gooseaholic; 08-16-2019 at 08:52 PM.
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter