I have planted this stuff off and on for a while, and the past two years in my little field at home (which may be the problem). Anyhow, I put in two strips of it this summer, row planted on 36" rows. This field has been an annual fight with Bermuda since I got it. I decided this year I would smoke half of it outside of the fence, so I sprayed it heavily by hand with roundup, then came back and resprayed any remaining green, chasing out every runner, etc. I got 95% of it, let it die, disced, fertilized, and planted then pre-emrgent over top. Came back over the crop with clethodim and it was doing well.

Fast forward, The strip near the woods at about 3-4' tall started dying from the bottom up in patches - to begin with it kind of correlated with the larger bermuda patch areas, so I chalked it up to having hosed that ground with Roundup and possibly having some residual in the tank when I did it or something. Then it spread. Now, I have one strip that is perfectly healthy over 6' tall and making seed pods like crazy, and an upper strip that is about 80% dead. Some made, some still making, and some already rotted away.

The upper strip was on ground that had Sesame last season, bottom was not. That is the only difference in treatment, except the larger patches of Bermuda being in the top strip (bottom had some patches I hit also). Could it be a blight or root rot that got the crop? If so, then I just have to make sure to rotate the ground, correct?