Thread: Another First Buck...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Another First Buck...

I love reading these threads, so I figured I would share this one as well. My son killed his first (doe) late in the season last year. Well we went out Friday afternoon for the first sit of the season hoping to find him some horns. As soon as we got settled in a 4pt came out and I made him wait. It was torture, but I really thought we could see a better deer. Well, after seeing his disappointment, and knowing that was torture to a 6yr old, I told myself the next buck we see I would let him shoot. This guy steps out at about 175yds. After about 10 minutes or so, he worked his way all the way up to 60 or so. By this time he was a nervous wreck. I stopped the deer multiple times, and he was shaking so bad he couldn't shoot. I will have to say though, that he does very well when it comes to holding off if he doesn't feel confident on his shot. Finally, just before the deer stepped into the woods, he told me, "Daddy, make that noise again and stop him!" I stopped the deer, and he squeezed it off. I had told him to shoot high shoulder, and he did just that. You would have thought he had just shot the biggest deer in the state. He was so dang excited! Fun Times!!! I'm good if I never kill another. Watching/Coaching him through hunts is a heck of a lot more fun!

45AB5A8C-.jpg
    Last edited by SCTRKY; 10-15-2018 at 01:56 PM.