Thread: Make A Set Of Wooden Pliers With 10 Cuts

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Make A Set Of Wooden Pliers With 10 Cuts

This is pretty neat. It would be cool to show your kids or grandkids. They'd think you were some kind of wizard. Plus they'd get a free old school toy.

When I was a kid my parents didn't have a lot of money so my dad used to carve toys for me. I wish now I would have kept them. I remember a couple. One was a working belt buckle I wore that looked like a monkey. He carved it out of a peach pit. The other was sort of a rattle. It was a solid walnut ball inside a square cage. He carved it from a solid 4" x 4" piece of walnut. The top and bottom of the cage was solid, but it had bars like a cage at the zoo on the sides. He carved the bars and then carved the ball out inside them so the ball couldn't be removed.

At least I still have the solid walnut bedroom suit he made. He built 2 end tables, the double size headboard, chest of drawers and curved glass from bookcase with 2 drawers. It still looks like something you'd see on the showcase floor in a furniture store. Dad was just good with wood.

He even built the fastest boat (at the time) on Lake Greenwood when I was about 7. It was a 15' runabout with a mahogany deck, bow and trim. The deck was beautiful. It had a portal in the bow deck for storing life jackets (there were no life vests back then except for military surplus Mae Wests), etc.

He put a 35HP Scott-Etwater (largest outboard around here then) on it. He got the motor cheap and rebuilt it. It would pull 2 grown men on skis. I used to ski behind that boat a lot when I was 7 and 8 yrs old.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 12-23-2014 at 09:14 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."