I have had this lil man since Father's Day 2013. And let me say, I could not imagine life without him. Once I made the decision to purchase a dog, I knew that I wanted a lab. People told me that I shouldn't purchase a dog because of the amount of hours I work, because I wouldn't have the proper amount of time to train and because I lived alone. I know I am not the best trainer in the world nor do I find my way to a duck blind or bird hunt as nearly I would like, BUT my 10 month old amazes me at his eagerness to learn but yet remaining playful and fun!! Alison at Cedar Swamp Retrievers picked him out for me and I am forever grateful for such a wonderful little companion, friend and working dog!!

My boyfriend and I went to Lake Hartwell this past weekend and River had a blast!! He has only been in belly high water once, so this was his first swim in deep water!! As we were sitting on the dock, I see River out of the corner of my eye from the bank, about 20 feet from the water, just take off at a sprint. He never gave it a second thought and just barreled into the water full speed ahead, swimming around like a happy pig in slop!! So naturally, I go get his bumper and see what he is willing to do. I am one proud momma and feel good that my training is paying off. He excites me everytime I see how excited and eager he is to retrieve. I know he may never receive a title but I am ok with that.......he brings the bumper to my feet and waits for my command and most of all he is my buddy!!

Just a few pictures of him and a video of his swimming for the first time