I'm in the process of setting up my 1542 grizzly tracker for bow fishing. I'm gonna build a platform that sits flush with top railing, and build a wrap around railing about knee high. Trying to keep it light, but can't go aluminum like I know i should. So far i have a deck (pending the modifications), and a 3,500 generator.

My main issues/needs/and wants right now is lighting and trolling motor selection. I am probably gonna end up going with 5 or 6, 150 watt hps lights due to water colors around here. I have a converter that I'm gonna run the trolling motor off of, also. Now the questions:
1) where's the best place to purchase lights from? I'm on a budget, so can't get real crazy. I saw some on econo light, but says they are out of stock.
2) will I need caps?
3) what size 12v trolling motor would be sufficient for my size boat (foot controlled of course?)
4) is building a ballist box a necessity?
5) Is it ok to wire the lights in series with that big of a genny?

I'm completely new to this because I have never set up a bow rig before, only just fished with friends. All input and advise is greatly appreciated. Wish I could find some used hps, so if anyone knows where to look. Thanks fellas.