I was looking for input that anybody might have on this caliber... I had the opportunity to shoot one yesterday (Glock Model 37) and was rather impressed with the comfort and overall feel of the firearm. Then again, it was a Glock, and most Glocks feel the same to me, unless they are the "subcompact" or large frame models.

I had the impression that, even with the 230 grain ball loads we were shooting, it was just as manageable recoil-wise as the 40 S&W Glock Model 22 that I have been carrying for 17 years. Less of a sharp impulse than the 40, to me. I shot it back to back with the 40, same course of fire, and my overall shooting on the silhouette with the 45 GAP was actually tighter than with the 40 (but that may have been due to a lot of things...)

After my initial thoughts that this cartridge filled a non-existent "gap" (sorry about the pun), I am intrigued by the thing somewhat (although not to the point of going out and buying a gun chambered in it...) but am also concerned about the long-term "life-span" of the cartridge on the market. I also think that, compared with the 40 S&W, you don't really gain much unless you go up to the 230 grain loads... which are rather few in number at this juncture.

Thoughts?