Saturday before last I beat a boat load of folks to a spot on a favorite river. I was parked about 75 yards above where the boat load wanted to pass shoot.

The nice bunch of guys drove up and asked if I was decoying or pass shooting. I told them that I had a boat full of decoys that I was planning on putting out but I was waiting until closer to daylight. I was rather curt with them. They said if I was going to pass shoot they were planning to ask if they could pass shoot at the next bend, but since I was trying to decoy, they'd move much further upriver. They went far enough away that I lost sight of them.

Then, right before daylight, after I had my decoys out another boat runs past and slows down. I hit them with the q-beam but they run right to the spot where the first boat wanted to go. I hit them again but to no effect. They pulled up about 75 yards downriver. I could hear the discussion in the other boat. It sounded like the driver was planning on hunting there regardless but one maybe two other occupants told him that he was too close and needed to move. After a few back-and-forths, the other boat left too.

Wow, two groups of un-rubberheads in one morning.