Thread: 08 F250

Default 08 F250

I just wanting to know if anybody has got one of these with the 6.4L.
    Bought mine last February getting 11-13 MPG and have since tried many tunes
    Heres what i have come up with

Superchip cortex- terrible, no fuel gain and not much power 13-15MPG
    Banks six gun- terrible fuel, very little power 11-13MPG
    SCT livewire with innovative tunes- lots of smoke and power but poor milage11-13 MPG
    KEM Custom tune on H&S Mini Max- Loads of power and excellent fuel mileage 18-20

I put my truck on the dyno and it came out with 636hp and unbelievable torque with the KEM tune. Its milage is unbelievable 17-18 here in Clemson and 20-22 on the interstate pulling a small boat, and thats with 37" trail grapplers. Somehow every time i push the gas it pours out smoke, but hey it gets better milage than the ones that don't smoke.

I was just looking to get some feedback on some other peoples experiences and share a few of my own.
    When in Doubt Shoot Em Again

That black smoke is unburned fuel. There is something you can do to adjust it but I don't know what. Well, at least on a 1996 dodge you can. I helped my uncle with it one time. I don't know about an F250.

Quote Originally Posted by drylok17 View Post
    That black smoke is unburned fuel. There is something you can do to adjust it but I don't know what. Well, at least on a 1996 dodge you can. I helped my uncle with it one time. I don't know about an F250.
    Its called not pushing the accelerator to the floor.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Its called not pushing the accelerator to the floor.
    Ding Ding Ding!
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

How in the hell is there that much difference in the tuning programs mileage wise? Did the KEM somehow delete the regeneration process? Seems like numbers too good to be true if there was that big of a jump but if they're correct I wouldn't touch a damn thing on that truck from now on.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Did you delete anything?
    Did you put on an aftermarket exhaust?

Quote Originally Posted by carolinaboy06 View Post
    Did you delete anything?
    Did you put on an aftermarket exhaust?
    Got a turbo back 5" flo-pro single exhaust with all that DPF and CAT shit taken off and a Air-Raid cold air intake

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    How in the hell is there that much difference in the tuning programs mileage wise? Did the KEM somehow delete the regeneration process? Seems like numbers too good to be true if there was that big of a jump but if they're correct I wouldn't touch a damn thing on that truck from now on.
    All new aftermarket tunes delete the regeneration process and stop the EGR completely.

Quote Originally Posted by ABBEVILLE SWAMP DONKEY View Post
    Got a turbo back 5" flo-pro single exhaust with all that DPF and CAT shit taken off and a Air-Raid cold air intake
    Yea, getting rid of the emissions and adding true custom tunes is the only way to get ultimate performance with bolt on mods.

I have a 2002, 7.3 with an intake, custom tunes, and a 4" turbo back. It woke the truck up, but I have a buddy with a 6.0 that has a few things done to it and it will flat out scream.
    The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny.

The tire marks you left on 18 mile rd in front of that little white house have a lot to do with your poor mileage. Your foot has more to do with it than the tunes.

Quote Originally Posted by all-fowld-up View Post
    The tire marks you left on 18 mile rd in front of that little white house have a lot to do with your poor mileage. Your foot has more to do with it than the tunes.
    Not me, I actually pay for tires and fuel unlike some people, and im not dumb enough to go around wasting my money.

Your prob thinking about a white 2010 F250. Know a guy that has that one up here, mines silver

Quote Originally Posted by ABBEVILLE SWAMP DONKEY View Post

I put my truck on the dyno and it came out with 636hp and unbelievable torque with the KEM tune. Its milage is unbelievable 17-18 here in Clemson and 20-22 on the interstate pulling a small boat, and thats with 37" trail grapplers. Somehow every time i push the gas it pours out smoke, but hey it gets better milage than the ones that don't smoke.

I was just looking to get some feedback on some other peoples experiences and share a few of my own.
    I run my '08 bone stock and that is the mileage that I am getting. 16-18 around town and 20ish on the hwy.

2002 F250 7.3
    Hypertech Tuner
    K&N air intake and filter
    34" all terrain tires

I get about 16 around town and 20 on the highway.
    Life ain't easy and dry bread ain't greasy.

Quote Originally Posted by clemsonjosh View Post
    I run my '08 bone stock and that is the mileage that I am getting. 16-18 around town and 20ish on the hwy.
    Damn mine was lucky to get 12MPG stock, what kind of tires you runnin on your rig?