Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What can we do

to get dog hunting banned?

This shit needs to end soon. Nutz and I were on the way to hunt this evening in NE Kershaw and was rolling down a MAJOR highway and damn if a 1/2 mile stretch wasnt lined with doggers with shotguns ready. If that wasnt good enough, we get to the tract and dogs are running right where I chose to sit. I went ahead and sat and saw nothing, zero, zilch.

Saw another crowd around lunch time in the same area lined up on 341. Friggin disturbing shit going on.

This is the second hunt I have had ruined by doggers this year.

I bet we heard 30 shots (rifle) in the area. Could have been a great evening whacking a few slicks, but again, thanks to some doggers.....it just sucked. Nutz did see 300 geese land on our (read, President 2th's) pond though.
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Oh yeah, lets band all dog hunting! The deer dogs first, then animal rights activist join in. Then goes coon hunting, rabbit hunting and then before long you know it retrievers are band as well.

What we need are more game wardens to enforce the laws that are in place.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Ok! Now we got the ball rolling, do you care to lead the game?

Are all forms of hunting involving dogs illegal where dog hunting FOR DEER is illegal?

I didnt expect a rational answer from you to start off with....

The bad apples always stick out. Why is it so fucking many seem to be standing out these days. I am sick and tired of this shit. I know damn well I aint the only one. Screw driving an hour, or an hour and a half to only be shit on by some asshole that cant control his gawd damned mutts.

And get that fucking shotgun out of that 12 year old's hands when he is one a dog box on a major highway.
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

My hunt was ruined Saturday afternoon by deer dogs, but did I come on here wining? Nor did I have to prove that I know all of the four letter words in the alphabet.
    I do very little dog hunting for deer, but when we do we have lots of land and very rarely do our dogs get off of our property. Yes their are alot of renegades out there and unfortunately those are the ones that everyone sees.
    Did you know if they are on the side of the road and do not have the lease to that side of the road that they can be fined for having a loaded gun in their truck? Unfortunately DNR has been cut back so severely with man power and mileage that they can not get the whole job done.
    If you want to make a difference write your senator and representative and get more funding for DNR.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."

[img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]
    ----------------------------------<br />I\'m getting worser!!!

I try my best to stay out of the anti-dog hunter talks, but if I do see a hunter doing something unsafe whatever it is, I do not hesitate to call 1-800-GAME-THEIF.

Speaking from experience, when you use that number the law enforcement officers respond quickly (Game Wardens & Police Officers). [img]graemlins/cop2.gif[/img]

I want to outlaw those damn folks who hunt with blackpowder guns whilst I am trying to bow hunt. Screws up the deerz everytime.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Originally posted by G-Belly:
    Friggin disturbing shit going on.
    Anytime you get earthy, summer-toothed, ignorant rednecks in a group you see disturbing shit!

I can't tell you how many times I have talked to dog hunters after a typical day and was utterly amazed at what they would tell me. Question: "How did you guys do today?" Answer: "Uhhh, well, da dogs done jumped from the block we sent em in and then run over on the Heritage Preserve and den day crossed tha river...right now, hell...I don't know where they're at."

Later you hear that this illiterate and drunk-at-the-time asshole shot someones brother on the next stand or his own pick-up.

Bug,

Are you saying that because there is a problem, the victims should just pay more money to "control" it instead of having the problem solved? I have sympathy for doggers that aren't the problem but to say people that are forced to deal with the renegades are whining is not a noble cause is it?

I'll pose these questions for anyone with that espouses the "slippery slope theory."
    1. Would the banning of tamies give the anti's enough leverage to ban duck hunting?
    2. Would the banning of robo's have a similar effect?
    3. Why haven't anti's used the ban on using dogs for turkeys in SC to end turkey hunting altogether?
    4. In areas/states where dog hunting for deer has been banned, what other hunting related bans have spawned from this "first step?"
    5. If doggers are sincerely afraid of anti's, why aren't they working to change the habits of the renegades which provide more fuel for anti hunting groups than any other hunting related activity in this state?
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Like a Nascar race fishdick?
    More fuel = more boost!!

Originally posted by Stripa Swipa:
    5. If doggers are sincerely afraid of anti's, why aren't they working to change the habits of the renegades which provide more fuel for anti hunting groups than any other hunting related activity in this state?
    I'll take a shot at this one. They are not afraid and they have no reason to be afraid. These are the same hand to mouth people that don't worry about tomorrow. Its all about the geography. The antis, also known as liberal idiots that will be voting for Kerry, live in metropolitan areas...city folk. Liberally educated, stand-for-nothing, city folk. They don't like getting dirty. They are not the poor folk that live out in the rural areas (that will probably also vote for Kerry) who are probably either related to dog hunters or dog hunt themselves. The true anti's simply don't see the egregious acts perpetrated by these southern NASCAR folk.

KRT is a flamer [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

hope that made you feel better there fishwhistle [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img]
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Should I feel better? Have you ever seen a group of VW drivers out harassing doghunters? Maybe in northern California or upstate New York, but here in SC, you just don't see it.

Is this topic of such gravity to you personally that you feel it necessary to be sanctimonious? If I have said something that upsets you then yes...I feel better.

Swipa you did not read my post carefully.

I stated that DNR if allowed and with the necessary man-power could put a stop to the renegade dog hunters. Stop and check dog hunters while they are on the side of the road hunting. Check licenses, loaded guns, distance from residences, hunter education permits and permission to be on the property. Check just like they do dove and duck hunters.

If you could train more deer to do this the dogs will quit running after them.

Welcome to the South..............<br /><br /><br />Don\'t stay too long

Thugtruster,

I like that thought direction but I still think the current attempt at control with the "right side of the road" law is too easy to abuse. I've had the local warden come out and issue some tickets on this but the renegades don't get the right message. Years ago when the warden force was larger, were these kinds of checks going on?

Rubberhead

A REAL deer dog

I will add this ..... I see and hear of ALOT of wreckless redneck behavior on the non dog side of the fence also.
    In SC the top 3 citations issued by SCDNR GW's is for tresspassing, illegal baiting and hunters not having the proper licese/tags/permits. It dont take a rocket scientist to figure out that doggers are not the major culprits in 2 of these areas.
    AND, lastly, when doggin is all but a memory and some of ya'll are hoopin and hollarin and dancing on its grave, all problems will be solved in SC and Amercia as it pertains to sport hunting???????????

"Ya stupid redneck! Ya done whent and shot a buttin buck, ya stupid moron"
    QDM, B&C, P&Y, fenced in and day lease FOR PROFIT operations wont have a a negative impact on sport hunting??
    And what about the BIG made for PROFIT poaching rings across the nation - what damages the profile of ALL of us hunters to the NON hunters, my dog gettin on your land OR these poachers fo profit (greed and selfish motives) that they see operating in our national parks?? And the point is, doggers aint the ones engaged in this activity!
    Difference is this: Ya'll see doggin as screwin up YOUR hunt. I see these other situations as screwing up OUR hunt.
    SC is the last strong hold out for doggin - any other time ya'll wopuld be proud that SC was being different and holding to the heritages and traditions that made us the soverign state of SC - but since it screws up YOUR hunt, ban it.

There is a whole bunch of nasty selfish greedy rouge poaching redneckin activitys all over the place - if you are going to point a finger at one and ask when it is going to be over, be willing and ready to help in other areas also.
    I for one have a HUGE problem here in the Piedmont (A NON DOG AREA) with tresspassers. BOW AND RIFLE hunters comeing onto our prop to hang and BUILD stands for hunting on our land - dern it, when is bow and still hunting going to be banned so I can stay home on weekends and not worry about someone coming onto my lands??
    We had 4-5 ADULTS come onto our land last year and approach a 13 year old hunter, NOT on a road, but down inside our lease and very literally try to lay hands on him and take his gun - address that - we did. These guys are bow and rifle hunters.

I get it fellas .... ya'll dont want to be botherd by a dog on your land. YOu have that right to enjoy your hunt on your land.
    But you dont get what I have always said, you look down your nose at me and say I am being "defensive". Well, I think you are being defensive and are in denial!
    You are right in pointing out the issues on the dog side of the fence and I for am am watching and listening and doing what I can to make a difference!
    I am right in pointing out problems and issues I see - you'd do well to open your eyes and ears and work with people like me for positive chnages throughout the entire system and processes of hunting in SC.

In answer to your question:
    Register to vote and then vote. Get active in your local and state politics. Write, call, visit for Senator and Rep and tell them over and over that you want dog hunting banned or restricted in SC. Thats what you can do to make it go away.AND, if you would do me a favor? Get me the name and number of the prez of that dog club and get it to me. I will make some calls and see if we can get some changes in that area for you, OK?!

If "30 shots in the area" disturbs you, you best not be around Blackville, SC tomorrow, 30 shots will take place in about the first 10 minutes of the first hunt. I fully expect 100+ shots to be fired tomorrow and 15-25 deer to be killed!
    It is does season and we have 200+ doe tags, YeHaw!!
    Good Dogs- $600.00 <br />Dog Box- $350.00 <br />Old Truck- $4,000.00 <br />Hearing a pack of hounds chase Mr. Whitetail in the SC swamps - PRICELESS!!!<br /><br />I came out here to enjoy nature, dont talk to me about the environment

My father had a club next to several dog clubs while growing up, that ran dogs every saturday. Most saturdays their dogs eventually got on our 3,000 acres. Every single year some of the biggest bucks killed were killed while a buck was trying to sneak out before or after the dogs came by. I think dog driving is one of the best forms of hunting there is, and it would be a damn shame to lose it. But as with all things you get people who think that the way they want to do it, is the only way to do it. God help me if anything fucks with me while i'm hunting. I even remember a post where people were bragging on the dogs and cats that they have shot while hunting. That's sad. Get more law enforcement, bigger fines, do what ever it takes to fix the problem, but for god sake, shut up about banning dog hunting. Some of the best hunters I have ever met (Granfather included) were die hard dog hunters. I grew up using dogs for deer hunting(a couple times a year), rabbit hunting, quail hunting, and duck hunting., and i damn sure don't want to see any of them gone.
    It\'s better to burn out than to fade away.

Cpip, I read and re-read your post. I appreciate what "you" do for hunting. )taking kids, being responsible for your dogs).
    As far as the 3 major citations, I would assume that doggers "could" be responsible for just as many of them as still hunters. Esp. tresspassing and liscences. That would be a tough one to break down.
    Anyhow I am all ears for any problems you may have with still hunters and I will do anything I can to educate those who do wrong.
    Happy hunting....
    ----------------------------------<br />I\'m getting worser!!!

Thanks Hammers!

MMan: Just going on the facts given to me by a high ranking officer in the SCDNR. Doggers would be up near the top for tresspassing, in 1/2 the state, I'll give you that but it is more remote chance that doggers bait (most dont) and a REAL good chance that doggers DO have their license and such since they (we) are so visible. I dont have the numbers on that issue.
    Funny thing that struck me, was that the group that had the most non permit/license citations wre "duck hunters". But then again, I was not surprised since you have to get 8 different permits and a tag this and tag that and a permit and Hip this .... LOL! One of the reasons Iv shyed away from duckin is all the different permits and tags and licenses you have to have - seems too comlicated - plus, Im sure it would interfere with my dog hunts!!

We had a HECK of a race last weekend!! A BLISTERTIN HOT CLOSE race!! One of those where you KNOW the dogs can SEE the deer and it is flat out moving!
    The race came close, within 30-40 yards of us, me and my 2 kids .... my little girl, age 9, has this most wonderful look on her face! I could tell she was enjoying listening to them hounds sing in the bottom lands!!
    Anyone wanting to listen to some sweet hound music this weekend??
    Good Dogs- $600.00 <br />Dog Box- $350.00 <br />Old Truck- $4,000.00 <br />Hearing a pack of hounds chase Mr. Whitetail in the SC swamps - PRICELESS!!!<br /><br />I came out here to enjoy nature, dont talk to me about the environment