Thread: 'Yotes

Default 'Yotes

We were at the processor the other night and he had a load of deer and pigs laid out on the floor.

One big buck, rack gone, was missing a big chunk out of its ass. I asked if that was bullet damage. The fella told me they had to look for the deer for 30 minutes. In that 30 minutes the yotes had taken hold of that deer's ass and gone to work.

Kill yotes
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Every chance I get.

Had a doe jump out of a thicket this morning.....gun up waiting to get a look at her suitor.....dropped the yote in it's tracks.

I do believe coyotes have become the grizzly of the East, gun shot means a gut pile or possibly a whole deer. Smart little suckers, no denying it.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

I am half way tempted to start sitting in a climber at our gut pit.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Electronic Caller in the Spring RP

They started howling just before daylight this morning while I was in the stand. Its amazing how many of those bastards are out there. You really don't realize it until you hear them all fire up at once.

Had a pack (sounded like one big one and bunch of Lil ones) run for 40 min. Or so Sun afternoon while I was hunting. Never came out in the field.

Was driving to the stand at first light yesterday through a field and spotted one of my bushy tailed friends... Window down BOOM

Saturday evening right around 7pm, I had, what sounded like, every coyote in Jasper County sound off! I have yet to get a shot at one, but first chance I get I am going to blister 'em.

Late summer/Early fall is best to kill them. They have just given birth to pups an are looking for food. I heard several pups yipping when I fired off my fox pro the other night. Spring time can be a lot harder to hunt them. I'll be hunting the rut here for the next few weeks then going out at night to try and lay the lead to them. Tough animal to hunt. They are smart little animals.

Call me after deer season and ill come kill them free of charge.
    Skybusters: Magic Does Not Apply to Shotgun Physics

Skybusting, or the art of trying to magically propel steel shot 100 yards into the air at a passing duck, is a sure-fire way to ruin your own chances, and everyone else’s chances, at actually killing a duck.

I wish carrying a second rifle weren't so damn cumbersome. I am really inclined to take my 223 with me just to put a hole in them. And cats.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post

I do believe coyotes have become the grizzly of the East, gun shot means a gut pile or possibly a whole deer. Smart little suckers, no denying it.
    They arent stupid. Just counting the amount of deer I have read about being lost since I've joined this site, I'd bet they have evolved into actually laying in wait 100yds from cornpiles.
    Probably 3 sitting by the guy who is asking for blood trailing tips, bowhunting, next to water.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

lol@SPRIG

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

I killed this one this morning. Had a doe on the corn pile and she kept looking back over her shoulder nervously. I figured the ole buck was gonna step out any minute. Needless to say, the doe nervously walked back into the cutover and not 5 minutes later he showed up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by HT View Post
    I killed this one this morning. Had a doe on the corn pile and she kept looking back over her shoulder nervously. I figured the ole buck was gonna step out any minute. Needless to say, the doe nervously walked back into the cutover and not 5 minutes later he showed up.
    great job- i'll pass up a shot at a buck any day to kill one of them bastard dogs