Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duck Fajitas

Default Duck Fajitas

One of the best duck meals I have ever had.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Damn that looks good!
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

I make them a lot when I have birds. Good eats and a good way to serve them to people who "don't like that gamey taste" that I have never really understood.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

I think I know what I'm having tomorrow if I get off the stand early
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Now top with some fresh avocado and some fresh cheese (your choice). Little splash of fresh hot peppers and eat it up.

This is the way my family eats most of the ducks I bring to the house.
    Life ain't easy and dry bread ain't greasy.

That Fiesta brand Fajita seasoning is the best out there..

My duck fajitas get splashed with some lime juice and coated in Fiesta before they hit the castiron..

Damn good stuff.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I wish I still had some ducks. I would make them this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Looks Great!

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

That looks amazing!

We had them twice this week. Wrapped bacon and half a jalapeño around a marinade breast is one of my favorites to.
    Proud owner of 3 AKC.Bench Champion MASTER HUNTERS

Quote Originally Posted by gundogguru View Post
    We had them twice this week. Wrapped bacon and half a jalapeño around a marinade breast is one of my favorites to.
    You forgot the cream cheese and eye-talian.
    "Never Trust a Skinny Chef."

That Fiesta stuff makes really good guacamole also. It'll make a helluva pork chop too.

I covered the birds with the seasoning, mixed them around, covered them again, and repeated one more time. Let them sit for a little over an hour. Grilled @ 400-ish 4 min on one side, and about 6 on the other. I wish I would have had a lime to squeeze on them once they were done, and maybe a green chili to throw on it too.

It was still damn good food.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Take a little paper towel and dip it in a tad of olive oil, and wipe the bread just a hair, and slightly grill it.

I like them things. One meal that sticks out in my head was sitting on this old table under a shed, grilling out, drinking beer on the back of the truck, watching the sunset over LaGuna, and eating teal fajitas from birds that had just passed.

Looks good.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 10-19-2012 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Take a little paper towel and dip it in a tad of olive oil, and wipe the mexican biscuits just a hair, and slightly grill it.
    FIFY.

Laguna, and in Laguna Madre?

Laguna Madre, southern area.

Damn, I love hunting in Mexico...

I wish we would hurry up and clean that shitty place up enough to make it a litttttle safer to go hunt there. I would head to Sinaloa and shoot Brant, Sprigs and whatever else again in a heartbeat.

My Dad and I went there quite a few times. Pains me that his health has declined to the point that we won't ever go there again.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

That just made this weekends menu!

Looks good!

The LM in Texas ain't too shabby either. In fact, that might be my favorite place on earth...damn sure top 3. If I could, I would move there tomorrow. Of course, I'd have to start whoring out myself and my beard for gas money for the boat. I don't know if I'd be able to keep a steady job between wade fishing and killing ducks. God I love that place.

What other duck fajita tips do y'all have...gonna try some tonight?
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

Slice them against the grain. Hard to mess duck fajitas up. I also love making a taco salad with duck.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn