Thread: Reports from weekend of 9/17 - 9/19

Hunted Williamsburg County Friday evening through Sunday morning. Saw two bucks; 4 pt. and 6 pt. on Fri night. Missed the bigger one at 40 yards. Nothing Sat morning. Saw two does on Sat night. Killed one at 110 yards and the other 15 minutes later at 130 yards. 70 and 80 lbs. Nothing Sunday morning. Anyone else do any good?

I heard Texas A&M had a pretty good weekend
    Well, I\'m not a gynecologist but I\'ll take a look.

[img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

I sat yesterday evening and saw 1 Doe.

This past weekend was the first time we (the kids and me) have not seen a deer.

I took 5 guests to the dog club: 2 killed and 1 missed.
    The misser was a young man on his very first dog hunt. We talked him up and educated him as best we could ..... he missed. He was surprised that a deer (doe) could move that fast. He said one second there was no deer and then she was there and then she was gone .... he had time for one shot.
    One guest killed a "mixed up" deer. This deer had a penis and testicles but a head as slick as any doe we have ever seen. No buttons what so ever, and no palce for the antlers to even grow. While this was not a big mature deer, it was no spotted fawn either, Im thinking it was around 60 lbs, so if he had been a full blown button buck, he should have at least had small button or knubs or such??
    The other guest was on his 2nd dog hunt ever. He is a young man out of Gastonia, NC. He had his 13 year old daughter and my 9 year old gal with him (so the girls could chat and keep each other company) and he kilt a 158lb 16" 8pnt.

I think all in all we killed 6 deer.
    There were at least 12 misses ... LOL!
    This cooler weather has me ITCHIN in this office chair!! Is it FRIDAY YET??!!

Good Luck Ya'll!!
    Good Dogs- $600.00 <br />Dog Box- $350.00 <br />Old Truck- $4,000.00 <br />Hearing a pack of hounds chase Mr. Whitetail in the SC swamps - PRICELESS!!!<br /><br />I came out here to enjoy nature, dont talk to me about the environment

Originally posted by CPiper:
    "...I took 5 guests to the dog club: 2 killed and 1 missed..."
    WOW!! Y'all sure are rough on your guest, if 2 were kilt & 1 was missed! Did ya' find him before dark?

CPiper, Ha, Ha!!!!! Just had to do that. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] Hope y'all have a great weekend this week. Good luck to the youngin's too. Hope y'all see a bunch of deer down there since the weather is cooled down some.
    “I’ve often said there’s nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse.” - Ronald Regan
    GOD Bless America!!!
    Echo '94
    Lankyman

HA HA HA ... you is a FUN-KNEE man Charlie Brown!
    Yea, and my guests have been known to be rough on me too! Thanks!
    Good Dogs- $600.00 <br />Dog Box- $350.00 <br />Old Truck- $4,000.00 <br />Hearing a pack of hounds chase Mr. Whitetail in the SC swamps - PRICELESS!!!<br /><br />I came out here to enjoy nature, dont talk to me about the environment