Thread: 'Lady Hoggers' Stars Sued

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default 'Lady Hoggers' Stars Sued

A&E, 'Lady Hoggers' Stars Sued for Allegedly Stealing Pig-Hunting Show

Crystal Ward claims she came up with the idea for the show but was unable to make a deal with A&E, which went ahead with "Lady Hoggers" anyway.

A&E Television Networks and the producers and stars of the A&E reality series Lady Hoggers have been sued by the creator of an Internet show who alleges her concept was stolen.

In a lawsuit filed in state court in Texas and obtained by The Hollywood Reporter, Crystal Ward and her Hogs, Dogs & Lace LLC claim that the A&E series, which follows two "hog hunting" Florida women and began airing in fall 2011, is a rip-off of her web series. Ward says that in 2009 she came up with the idea for a series featuring three female hog hunters, called Hogs, Dogs & Lace. She formed a production company, recruited two other women to participate in hog hunts and hired her own film crew to shoot footage that later aired online and on DirecTV's Pursuit network.

Read the Full Lawsuit Here.

A&E is alleged to have shown interest in the series and is said to have begun negotiations with Ward for a derivation to be called Hog Wild. But after Ward shared her "confidential, proprietary, original material and creative concepts" with A&E and a production company, contract negotiations broke down, according to the complaint. A&E then offered to "buy out" Ward's interest in the show, she says, but she denied that request.

A&E went ahead with the show with the same two women Ward had recruited, Christie Chreene and Julie Snead, as well as a new production company, Sharp Entertainment (all are defendants) and renamed the show Lady Hoggers. The series premiered in November and has aired at least eight episodes, according to the suit, but it has not yet been renewed for a second season.

"A&E and Sharp Entertainment have grossly underestimated the strength and fortitude of Ms. Ward," her lawyer Jammy Kiggundu tells THR in a statement. "She created this show, brought these parties together and then was unfairly and unjustly cut out of the project and the profits."

An A&E spokesperson said the network does not comment on pending litigation.

Kiggundu adds: "Ms. Ward has been hunting and wrestling wild hogs since she was very young. She is not afraid to wrestle with A&E, Sharp Entertainment and the other named defendants in a court of law."

The suit for breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, breach of confidence, fraud, negligence, civil conspiracy, trade secret misappropriation and tortious interference with contract with filed by Houston's Douglass & Kiggundu firm.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

I cannot, for the life of me, think of a more boring as well as slimy situation to find yourself in the middle of. Imagine being in a depostition with reality tv execs and ambulance chasers. Life is too short as it is to waste it rubbing up against those cockroaches.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Ain't that the truth.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I cannot, for the life of me, think of a more boring as well as slimy situation to find yourself in the middle of. Imagine being in a depostition with reality tv execs and ambulance chasers. Life is too short as it is to waste it rubbing up against those cockroaches.
    Those 2 chicks seem to have some large "cockroaches"