Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bowfishing next to houses

Default Bowfishing next to houses

Discuss
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Apparently I'm as bored as you are...
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

ill do it all night if theres fish around those houses

wish i had somewhere to bowfish around my house.... i would save a shit ton on gas

Not much to discuss. I see it as no different than live beside a major highway and complaining of cars and trucks passing.

good point treymo

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

you dont want golfballs in your yard.....dont buy a house next to a golf course.....we do try to be considerate and give way but in some places...like the great turtle bowl, its really hard to get away from all the houses...
    You can grow up to be just like me....

I just slip in there all stealthy and shit and kill em all.

turtle bowl? I gotta find this place

Problem can be fixed by resident with pair of blinds and fan.

If you live next to a PUBLIC lake, then you have to assume the public will use that lake at all hours. The PUBLIC lake does not become your personal property when the sun goes down. You do not have any right to a buffer around your private property. You will encounter some loud noises at night and early morning.

Let the yankees/liberal/democrats take away bowfishing and it opens the door for taking way duck hunting and similar outdoor activites that involve loud noise.
    Last edited by Murray; 10-13-2012 at 09:44 AM.

Had a friend almost get shot by a guy around 11:00PM one night and ended up having the game warden called on him.

The house was in the back of a secluded shallow cove on Lake Lanier here in North GA. My buddy was doing his thing and basically had the entire cove lit up. The light was reflecting off the water and lighting up the overhanging limbs/woods. The land owner came running down his yard toward the water toting a shotgun and game warden was soon to follow. It was a huge misunderstanding...the home owner thought my friend was shining deer and night hunting the woods around the cove and called the local game warden.

Not many folks bowfishing this area so the home owner had no idea what was going on!

You guys ever had anything similar happen around houses?

one guy got shot at on lake murray last year i think at one of the tournaments

I was working in my garden at the lake house one morning years ago, and a water gnat tried to stop my tranquility. Seriously 10 am on a Sunday morning all I could hear was weeeeeee weeeeee weeeeeee, I jumped in my jonboat with a grab rake. I couldn't catch the kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I was working in my garden at the lake house one morning years ago, and a water gnat tried to stop my tranquility. Seriously 10 am on a Sunday morning all I could hear was weeeeeee weeeeee weeeeeee, I jumped in my jonboat with a grab rake. I couldn't catch the kid.

hA!

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

I was the one that got shot at Murray tourney. Came around a point to get shot at with a shotty
    Last edited by UpSouth811; 10-26-2012 at 12:55 PM.

ive gotten into so many pissing matches with homeowners on lake greenwood, but usually my glock and badge keep them at bay once they see it... There is absolutely nothing they can do about it!!!

I get heak on lake greenwood, and contrary to belief, its the damn rednecks that come out and raise hell rather than the uppitty folk.

usually try to make a late night pass back by and hide something dead close by.
    When in Doubt Shoot Em Again

Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    ive gotten into so many pissing matches with homeowners on lake greenwood, but usually my glock and badge keep them at bay once they see it... There is absolutely nothing they can do about it!!!
    Badge?

Glock? WOW.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

murrays the only lake ive had issues with...only shoot greenwood on tourneys and havent had any issues there