Thread: Nannie control

1 less in Calhoun county. 110 lbs, shot her at 6:30 pm. Lets thin out some sookies [img]graemlins/headbanger.gif[/img]
    More fuel = more boost!!

Nuttin wrong with takin out a nanner head! Congrats. I'm sure she'll taste good. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
    Quote Originally Posted by dfasano View Post
    Don't speak for all of us.....stupid son a of a bitch (Dabo Swinney) needs to be spending his free time learning to coach instead of coming up with gay ass sayings.

2 less in Darlinton county,a friend killed a 105 lb doe and my step daughter who is 11 killed her first deer a 60 lb doe... last night was the first time that i have ever seen accubond bullets in action they are flat out destructive.. My step daughter hit her in the stomach and blew a huge hole really huge..
    The best time to do something is between yesterday and tomorrow

Kilt me a biggun Mon. with Bugz... Probably weighed 120+.... Brad "the doe slayer" Jones beat us out for the money though...
    ----------------------------------<br />I\'m getting worser!!!

Zkillr
    I am shooting accubonds this year but have not had a good opportunity to cut a hair yet... what brand and caliber were you shooting. Everything I read about them led me to switch bullets but I would love a field report.

Media GUy they are whinchester 140 grs. They were a lot cheaper than the federal or so i was told over at buffies in florence.. they said the federal were about $45 a box and the whinchester were about $25.. with what i saw last night all you need to do is hit the deer about anywhere and he is going to go down.. on the doe my stepdaughter shot i just blew her whole stomach off you could have put a football in the hole... I am sold on accubonds
    The best time to do something is between yesterday and tomorrow

I am shooting .270 140gr. so now I am really excited to hear that they have serious killing potential.
    I had been shooting Rem. Ballistic tips but there was a little problem with a lack of an exit wound most of the time.
    Now I just need to match limited hunting time with some deer activity.
    Thanks fo the update.

Originally posted by Media Guy:
    I had been shooting Rem. Ballistic tips but there was a little problem with a lack of an exit wound most of the time.
    If you are shooting a "pin the shoulder shot", you may not get an exit hole with ANY bullet. I have been shooting BT's for 20 years or so and I normally get an exit hole... even through the neck. The exit hole may be quarter sized or as big as a softball (on neck shots).

It is ALL about putting the bullet EXACTLY where you want it to go. No (deer) bullet will make up for poor shot placement, or having to go through a lot of bone to make it through.

I shot a huge deer several years ago at 90 yards with a .300 Win Mag 180 gr Grand Slam bullet. The deer dropped dead where he stood from a "pin the shoulder" shot, but the perfectly mushroomed bullet was stuck under the opposite side skin.

The upshot of this diatribe is, all bullets will work depending on exactly where you hit your target.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Your point is well made S&A... shot placement is key to the kill. Only two out of seven kills had and exit while I was using BTs. This was not only with pin the shoulder shots but also with a good ol' fashioned behind the shoulder bust the heart into dog food shot. I think 130gr. bullets may have been just too damn lite.
    I am no dead eye sure shot to say the least but, I was not pleased with the preformance of that type of bullet generally.

Yeah don't shoot them in the ear or horns. That means a lot of blood trailing in store.
    More fuel = more boost!!

[img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img] Sounds like advice from someone who has done it before!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I dunno [img]graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
    More fuel = more boost!!

So far I have killed 4 nannies this year.
    1 - 7mm08 neck shot 100 yards
    3 - 7 Mag 2 neck shots 100 yards and 1 pin the shoulder shot 150 yards

All 4 does were shot with 140 gr. Federal Nosler Partition and clean pass throughs.
    Awesome bullet!
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Way to work on them!!!!!
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

got my tags in yesterday, gonna bust me one in about 4 hours!

Hunted last night and we managed to kill 3 sisters and 3 hogs. The 168 grain ballistic tips are groovy.
    Trying to be the person my dog thinks I am.