Thread: New to the area

Wuz up y'all, I just moved down here from Fayetteville, NC. Little diff. hunting down here. I got a couple questions though hoped someone could answer. First off, any good processors in the Goose Creek area? Second, do they skin'em or do I have too. I NC, we usually do it, but my son will start hunting next year and well, with work I ain't got the time always. Third question, any hunting clubs in the Lowcountry area? I don't want to drive all the way up to NW side of the state?
    - Joe

Welcome to SCDUCKS Joe. The best processer in the area (and probably the state) is Cordrays. Check out their website...

http://www.cordrays.com/

welcome Joe... don't know of any clubs that way but I can let your kid shoot a dorchester doe sometime.

Originally posted by Trapper:
    welcome Joe... don't know of any clubs that way but I can let your kid shoot a dorchester doe sometime.
    That would be great, thanks.
    - Joe

tradorion Coots

Joe- you are sitting on one of the largest pieces of public land around just to your north- the Francis Marion forest... some good deer and hog hunting in those area.

Holler and i'll help point you in the right direction- you might find that you don't need a club.

T

Originally posted by tradorion:
    Joe- you are sitting on one of the largest pieces of public land around just to your north- the Francis Marion forest... some good deer and hog hunting in those area.

Holler and i'll help point you in the right direction- you might find that you don't need a club.

T
    WMA right? Are there certain areas you can or can't hunt? Where are some spot I can go in at around Goose Creek? Any processors closer than Ravenal?
    - Joe

wambaw and waterhorn are good WMAs and fairly close.

take the dirt roads past the rifle range on 17 north in awendaw..
    or north of hwy 45 in mcClelanville. get a topo map, you'll see the signs.

or you may be just as close to go to lake moultrie. bluefield, porcher are decent WMAs. check the map.
    >listen to the river sing sweet songs...<

There's a processor in Summerville. Butcher Boys in on 17A heading out of Summerville towards Cottageville. After you pass the intersection with Orangeburg Road at the Bilo grocery store, it's a little less than a mile on the right. It's situated behind another store on the long right curve so look close for the sign. They will take whole, unskinned deer. They do a pretty good job. 875-5354.

There's another one up on hwy 176 before the intersection of hwy 27. I forget the name but I have heard good reports about it. I think the name might be "R&R".